Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good Morning, Ellicott City!!!

This morning I ran outside!!!! (YAY!) With Amy!!!! (YAY!) 8 miles!!!! (YAY!) At 5:30 am. (Boo.)

I almost stepped on a turtle. Then, almost immediately, Amy pointed out three deer up ahead on the other side of the road. I felt as though I was one with nature. (Anyone who knows me well should be laughing right now...).

It was so great spending a ridiculously long time running with Amy again! Who, I should point out, is *quite* the trooper--running 8 miles without a particular race in mind!!! AND...she is down for supporting me for my a large part of my 15 mile run (or whatever fraction I decide to do based on my progress) in two weeks! She is amazing for many, many reasons...this is just one more. ::heart::

So. We set out for 8 to 10. After 7.96, I was breathing fine and felt ok (no real heel issues), but my legs were sore. I decided not too push it so we stopped at 8 and walked back to the cars. I really want to finish this training program, so there is no room for pushing too hard and injuring myself. Next long run is 10. I will do that. After that 15. I will see how I feel. Maybe I can do it then be completely back on track!

Stats (the first 8, and then overall including walk back):

Distance: 8.00 miles (8.82 miles)
Time: 1:41:34 (1:57:39)
Average Pace: 12:42 min/mile (13:20 min/mile)
Calories Burned: 905 (983)
Average HR: 164 (161)


It's slower than I had been doing preparing for the half back in April, but for a comeback run I am quite pleased. I am so grateful for Amy for doing this with me!!! Anyone else who wants to join for part or all of my long runs (typically early, early Saturday mornings), please, please, please just ask! :)

Next workout: lifting and cross-training tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment