Friday, July 16, 2010

Off Day Offerings: My Vacation Plan...I Need Help!!!

Alright, friends! It's time for you to step up! And I'm not really even sure how exactly...but I am putting out the call!!! I am going on vacation. To Daytona Beach, FL. OK. Take some time to be jealous. A little more time. OK. Now...back to business. :)

Normally I would treat vacations as cheat-my-brains-out times, but I have had a cheat-my-brains-out couple of weeks (er, maybe months) and am back on track and want to attempt to maintain this. So, since I believe in the well-known proverb: failing to plan is planning to fail, here is my plan (broken down into exercise and diet, naturally):

EXERCISE

Objective:

Maintain normal workouts while away (with the exception of possibly Monday).

Plan:

Monday: Run 3 miles (depending on what time we make it to Florida and if I have time). Also, perform recon on the hotel gym (because apparently the Daytona Hilton customer service representatives find it too difficult to tell me what machines are in *their* weight room) and email/text it to Devon.
Tuesday: Lift. Devon will be emailing me a lifting routine.
Wednesday: Run 7 miles.
Thursday: Lift and run 4 miles.
Friday: Rest day.


DIET

Objective:

This objective is two-fold. First, not gain weight (maintenance and loss is just fine). Second, demonstrate an ability to eat in moderation and make wise choices when away from my structured meal plan.


Plan:

Breakfast: Fastfuel shake, something from hotel breakfast or a shop nearby (keep it small and simple)
Mid-Morning Snack: CLIF bar
Lunch: Eat with the group--make a wise choice wherever we end up.
Afternoon Snack: Muscle Milk (protein drink)
Dinner: Eat with the group--make a wise choice wherever we end up.
Fit-in If Needed: Fruit strips (I don't know what they are called, I call them adult fruit roll-ups. Dried fruit in thin bar form, not a lot of added sugar).


My goal is no desserts, no non-sanctioned snacks and no large portions of anything. If I am legitimately hungry during a non-meal time I will eat, but it will be small and the wisest choice available. I will be bringing the Fastfuel, CLIF bars, Fruit strips and Muscle Milk.

So, how do you fit in? I don't know. If you are coming with me, which many of you are--maybe help me stick to this? But don't be a lame jerkface about it. If you are not coming, feel free to text or email encouraging things or check in on me. :)

Also, this means I won't be blog posting next week (unless I have time and access to a computer...doubtful). I will post tomorrow and Sunday. Miss you already!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment