Thursday, July 15, 2010

Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun!

You WIN! Yes, YOU! You get to read TWO days worth of blogging in ONE post!!!! It will cover the following topics:

1) My cardio yesterday
2) Why I didn't post last night
3) My lifting today
4) My cardio today
5) My amateur personal training debut
6) My wonderful evening tonight
7) My current status


Wow. This is going to be long by the looks of the agenda... But maybe not... Let us begin.

1) My cardio yesterday

According to the marathon training plan, I was supposed to run 6 miles. Since it's my first week back off of the DL, I wasn't sure how hard to push it. Devon said I should run 4 then elliptical the final 2. I asked Liz too. She said to see how I felt at 4, then make the call. Well, I totally did 6! And it wasn't too bad. :) I have *really* missed running. This may not make sense to non-runners, but today at work I stood up from my desk and *all* of my lower body muscles were locked up and I hobbled across the office a good 20 feet before I could actually walk--and I *loved* it. I cannot really out it into words, but I feel alive. It's great! I ran the 6 between 5 and 5.5 mph. The first 2 miles were at an incline of 2.0%, the next 2 at 1.0% and the final 2 at 0.0%. Total time was: 1:09:15 for an 11:33 pace. Nice.

2) Why I didn't post last night

I went immediately from the gym to dinner at Boston Market with Amanda F. Then the two of us met the Marazzos to watch the new Twilight movie. Yes, I just admitted that on the internets. And yes, I am still Team Jacob. I got home late. Sorry! No post...

3) My lifting today

Devon gave me a shorter lifting set because I was lifting AND running (see below for the latter). Here it is:

Hack Squats x 3s x 10r @ 180-200lbs (I did 200 lbs.)
Lying Leg Curls x 3s x 10r @ 70lbs-80lbs (I did 80 lbs.)
Bent-over BB Rows x 3s x 10r @ 75lbs-85lbs (I did 75 lbs.)
Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 10r @ 20-22.5lbs (I used 22.5 lb DBs.)
Close Grip Pulldowns x 3s x 10r @ 60-70lbs (I did 70 lbs.)
Cable Upright Rows x 3s x 10r @ 27.5-37.5lbs (I did 37.5 lbs.)
Seated Machine Triceps Press x 3s x 10r @ 75-100lbs (I did 100 lbs.)
BB Preacher Curls x 3s x 10r @ 35-45lbs (maybe even heavier) (I did 45 lbs.)


4) My cardio today

The marathon training plan called for 3 miles. Easy peasy. :) I tried to work on speed a little bit. I know...this is super lame, but I did 11:00s. That was my "speed" work. Hey--I am coming back from 3 weeks of no running. I sped up the last quarter-mile and ended up finishing in 32:28 for an average pace of 10:49. I did the first mile at 2.0%, then second at 1.0% and the final mile at 0.0%.

5) My amateur personal training debut

When I went to stretch Holly Holly was there. Holly Holly was tired. Holly Holly's day was rough. Holly Holly did not want to lift. But! She said she'd do it if I told her what to do... OK! Here is MY routine (2 legs, 1 each of chest, back and shoulders):

Hack Squats x 3s x 10r @ 90 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions x 3s x 10r @ 80-100 lbs (I can't remember exactly)
Flat DB Chest Press x 3s x 10r @ 20 lbs (She thought she could only do 15s...but the 15s and 17.5s were being used and Holly Holly stepped it up!!!)
Lat Pulldown x 3s x 10r @ 40 lbs
FM Shoulder Press x 3s x 10r @ 20-30 lbs (Again...don't remember)


I counted for her, told her (hopefully) funny stories and tried to give encouraging words when it looked challenging. I had a great time! I hope it was good for Holly Holly too.... :)

6) My wonderful evening tonight

After lifting, Holly Holly went to run 2 miles (she had already run 4 this morning...she crazy.) so I bumped into Amanda F., HCL and ABD at the training desk. I learned a new thing to do for egg whites--bake them in muffin tins with splenda and cinnamon. It apparently tastes like french toast. I asked HCL for the recipe. She look at my like I was crazy. I said, 'It *has* a recipe.' She kept insisting she just 'dumped things in a bowl'. So I said, 'Ok. So I put anywhere from 2-20 egg whites in a bowl an then what? Does the oven have a particular temperature to bake them? Perhaps a length of time." Liz then said she put 16 egg whites in 12 muffin tins, then baked them at 350° for 10-12 minutes. I said, "Ooooooh. Like a recipe..." HCL gave me a death look. I fear her. I will try to make these someday...they sound tasty!

I then ate dinner with Amanda F. (fun times!) and then got a MASSAGE! It was GREAT! I feel GREAT!!!! Win!

7) My current status

Here it is: I'm back. I have been eating on my diet since Monday. I turned down dinner with fun friends last night to eat at Boston Market so I could get chicken and veggies. Today I needed some extra protein at Lifetime, so I bought the hard-boiled eggs. As much as it pained me, I scooped out the yolks and only ate the whites. Cheater Erin would have just eaten the yolks and said close enough... Not today though. Not now that she's back! Also, I *feel* great! I am sure there are many factors, but I really think the healthy food makes my body happier and my mood/emotions happier and my ability to do/embrace exercise better. Also, did you notice that I selected the heaviest weight from every range (except one...I don't mess with hurting my back) from the lifting ranges for today??? I made a conscious decision to push myself as hard as I could. Why? Well, for several reasons:

1) I am awesome;
2) I felt great!;
3) I knew I was getting a massage an hour or two afterward;
4) I rest tomorrow; and
5) I'm back!!!! :)


Ok. That's enough rambling for today (and yesterday!). I rest tomorrow, then run on Saturday. The training plan says 13 miles. That is WAY too far for my comeback week, so me and HCL pow-wowed and I will be shooting for 8-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment