Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I've Made a Decision.

After a lot of thinking, I have decided to stop marathon training. I don't think I am done FOREVER, just for now. A few factors made this decision:

1) I am not comfortable with the amount of time I took off with the heel pain;
2) I get overwhelmed thinking about every plan I have to make up the time;
3) I no longer enjoy running;
4) I dread the mid-week runs;
5) I fear the long weekend runs;
6) My food is not up to par, which makes the runs quite uncomfortable; and
7) I think I need a break in general.


Devon and I talked a lot about this at my session. I am not taking a break from eating right and exercising--just from pushing it as hard as I have been. Because of this, I do not think that the Richmond marathon is a good idea either, since I would have to be on like week 2 or 3 of the training plan already. So...maybe March 2011? Maybe fall 2011? I will see how I feel then.

Sorry to anyone I let down or disappointed. This decision was made by me and for me. And I think it is the right one to make.

1 comment:

  1. October 2011 is still our original goal. seems like that may fall in line with your new plan.

    ReplyDelete