Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taking It Easy...

Today I went to the gym and stuck to my diet plan. I decided NOT to quit (shocker) or even take a week to do whatever I want (which was tempting, believe me). I just did that in Daytona. I am going to Pittsburgh next week and NH the week after. I have decided that although I *clearly* cannot eat well away from home, I can while here. So I will dominate when I can dominate and Devon and I will work on helping me do better on vacation.

So, today I asked Devon what I should do for cardio, since I was clearly not doing the 8 miles I had planned for marathon training. He suggested the elliptical which is what I had been planning on doing. I told him I wanted to do 30 minutes, easy. He asked if I wanted to do it to take some time to 'clear my head'. I said YES. He said okay. I then told him that I stuck to my diet today as I ws exiting his office. He got very animated and exclaimed (with two thumbs in the air): GREAT JOB, CORMAN!!!! I rolled my eyes and told him to bite me (BUT I SECRETLY LOVED IT!!!!!). ::grin::

So I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and went 3.59 miles.

Done and done.

Tomorrow my friend is teaching me how to indoor rock climb (no, not my friend Myke who promised he'd take me LAST DECEMBER--a different friend, a better friend--take that, MYKE.). Devon says that counts as my strength for the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment