Sunday, June 27, 2010

Got Some Digits Today...

Today I lifted. ABD sent me my routine this morning and I texted him really early with a question about one of the exercises--I've never done it before. He never responded. I used the google and I asked HCL. Both the internets and HCL had never heard of it. So I decided to not do it.

The lifting (all supersets unless denoted otherwise):

Seated Extensions x 4s x 10r @ 110-115lbs *done as a single (I did 110 lbs.)

45 Degree Leg Press x 4s x 10r @ 300lbs
Dumbbell Deadlifts x 4s x 10r @ 35lbs

Lying Leg Curls x 4s x 10r @ 75lbs *done as a single

Smith Machine Flat Barbell Bench Press x 4s x 10r @ 65lbs
Incline Alternating Arm Dumbbell Chest Press x 4s x 10r @ 25lbs

Reverse Grip Pull-downs x 4s x 10r @ 60lbs
Standing Barbell Shoulder Extension x 4s x 10r @ 25-30lbs (This is the crazy one that no one has ever heard of, that I skipped.)

Rear Delt Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 50-60lbs (I did 55 lbs.)
Standing Barbell Presses x 4s x 10r @ 50lbs

Standing Dumbbell Curls x 4s x 10r @ 20-25lbs (I used 20 lb DBs.)
Cable Rope Triceps Pushdowns x 4s x 10r @ 27.5-37.5lbs (I did 27.5 lbs.)

Stability Ball Crunches x 4s x 15r


Two stories.

1) Captain America was there. Awesome. ::sarcasm:: Recall he is a big fat jerkface. The sight of him makes me internally shake my fist in the air. Anyways, when I arrived I noticed he was utilizing the 45° leg press--well, I shouldn't say 'utilizing', he put like one 45 lb plate on it, then went across the weight room to talk to his wife on the bench press. Then meandered back over and put some more weight plates on, then wandered away again. I am not exaggerating when I say he had his nasty knee straps things on the machine for OVER AN HOUR and I saw him do a combined total of ONE SET. REALLY, JERKFACE?!!? I complained to HCL about him and asked if we could kick him out. She said she wishes. :) She told me to take his million weight plates off when he was away from it, but I was tired and not interested in getting into a scuffle. I was just going to skip that set (such a slacker, I know!) But Mrs. Jerkface cleared the weight plates as I was finishing up my last exercise, so I went over and did it.

2) I had a brief conversation with HCL today. I asked her to recommend a good sports medicine doctor to get my heel checked out. She thinks it is Achilles Tendinitis. She recommended Yvette Rooks, M.D. at the University of Maryland Medical Center. I will call her tomorrow. She pulled out her phone and asked for my number so she could text the doctor's name to me. I gave it to her and got all excited that I would be getting HCL's cell phone number. I said: "Liz, you don't seem too concerned, but know that I will never text you like I do Devon." She smiled and said: "I'd kill you." ::gulp:: Duly noted, HCL. I then asked her if *she* knew what Standing Barbell Shoulder Extensions were. She did not. I asked if maybe Devon meant Standing Barbell Tricep Extensions or Standing Barbell Arm Extensions. She thought maybe he meant presses, but those were in the shoulder set. These bizarre "Shoulder Extensions" were in the back set. I told HCL I was going to skip the whole set. She said I should do the other exercise in the set. I told her that I told Devon I was going to skip the *entire* set to punish him for not responding to my texts. She gave me a You're-Stupid face (that she does so well) and said (in a mocking tone): Yes, because *that* would be what happened: *DEVON* would be punished... ::Sigh::, fine, HCL, you're logic wins and I am shamed. I did the other exercise...


Next workout: 2 hours on the elliptical tomorrow--probably with Meagan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment