Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Off Day Offerings: ABD Says Rehab

Blog fans, with my heel pain there are a lot more off days than normal. I apologize for my uninteresting posts. Hopefully they won't all stink. (No promises...)

At the session with Devon this week we discussed my bad eating. Devon says that I need to 'stop taking the drugs.' Now, ABD tells me this all the time when making fun of me. He implies that some of the crazy things I say or do can only be attributed to illegal substances. My usual response is that I am drug-free and even randomly drug-tested to prove it!

Today when ABD told me to stop taking the drugs. I responded the usual way. He quickly came back with the fact that carbs were my drug. According to Devon, there are three big ones: cocaine, crack and carbs. He was joking and we were laughing, but there is some truth to it. Devon wishes there was a rehab to send me to to break my carb addiction. He also told me that if he finds out I am eating carbs (in excess of a healthy portion) he is going to 'come to my house.' The look on his face when he said this implied the visit would not be a pleasant one. Still I am *very* tempted to test this...VERY tempted...

In all seriousness, I think this goes back to the same issue I talk about time and time and time again and that Devon asks me about time and time and time again: WHY? Why do I break the healthy food plan (notice how I didn't write 'diet')? I think I do it because it tastes good and I want to. Devon does not think that is the *real* reason. ::sigh:: I guess I have some more introspection to do.

I know none of you are in my head, but I would love comments on why you think you eat, or even why you think *I* eat (dangerous!!!!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment