Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lifted and Cross-Trained

Sundays are my lifting and cross-training days. To be completely honest, I am not 100% sure I understand what cross-training is. I interpret it to be some sort of very low impact cardio activity that is NOT running. The goal being that you utilize your non-running muscles. I elected to do a slow walk for 30 minutes. Runners, am I right??? Or at the very least, okay????

The lifting (all supersets):

DB Squats x 4s x 10r @ 40 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions x 4s x 10r @ 115 lbs
Walkind DB Lunges x 4s x 10r @ 40 lbs

Incline DB Chest Press x 4s x 10r @ 20-25 lbs (I used 20 lb DBs.)
Incline DB Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 15-17.5 lbs (I used 17.5 lb DBs.)
Flat DB Neutral Grip Chest Press x 4s x 10r @ 20-25 lbs (I used 20 lb DBs.)

Close-Grip Lat Pulldown x 4s x 10r @ 55 lbs (I did 50 lbs because the little 5 lb weight can never be found...)
Reverse Grip Bent-over BB Rows x 4s x 10r @ 55-65 lbs (I used a 60 lb BB.)

Seated Machine Shoulder Press x 4s x 10r @ 40-50 lbs (I did 50 lbs.)
Bent-over DB Rear Delt Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 12.5-17.5 lbs (I used 15 lb DBs.)

Machine Torso Rotation x 3s x 20r @ 75 lbs


Then I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill at an incline of 2.0% and a speed of 3.0 mph.

When I went to do the back superset (the close-grip lat pulldowns and reverse grip bent-over rows), the 60 lb barbell was in use by Seth (did I ever give him an acronym? I cannot remember. He is a trainer. He lifts with ABD. I also think he is a cutie, but like eleventeen. Have I ever given him an acronym? Is Little Cutie Seth creepy? Yes??? Excellent--LCS it is...). I contemplated using the 65 lb barbell for about 0.129 seconds, then decided to use the 55 lb one. But, as I walked over I second-guessed myself. See, the barbells that are multiples of ten are straight bars and the ones ending in 5 are curved for better gripping (they work very well for bicep curls, etc...). I am not sure how bent-over rows with the curved grip barbells would be. So...I stared at the barbell rack for awhile hoping that LCS would notice me and take pity on me. He did not. So during his rest period I craned my neck to verify that he was in fact the one using the 60 lb barbell (to do bicep curls...impressive LCS...). This got his attention and he asked if I needed the 60 lb one. I told him what ABD assigned and said that I would tell Devon that I *had* to use the 55 lb one because of Seth. Seth then asked if the curved grip would be a problem. I said that I wasn't sure. He offered me the 60 lb barbell and said he would use the 70 lb one. Wow--70 lbs bicep curls!!! Very impressive, LCS. And yes, I took the 60 lb bar. :)

Next workout: tomorrow! I want to say 'run with my girls!' but I bet it will be 'run with Amy!' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment