Friday, June 25, 2010

Back in the Cardio Saddle, Kind Of...

Today was get back into cardio day! ABD instructed me to try to run. If my heel hurts, stop. At that point do the elliptical.

I was excited. I was ready. The past few days there has been some ridiculous co-worker drama that has me all stressed out and I have not had my usual outlet of running to work it all out (after all, I do own a shirt that reads: Running is Cheaper Than Therapy...). I was excited to get it back!

So, I jumped on that treadmill and eased back into it at a pace of 5 mph. And I made it...1:47. The pain started small and grew and grew and grew. So I slammed the stop button and stomped over to an elliptical and pouted for 26 minutes and 16 seconds. I went 3 miles.

Devon was there and I asked him if he thought I should get refit for shoes. He said it couldn't hurt so I went to Roadrunner. They had a long line for fittings so I left. :(

I will rest tomorrow then do 10 miles on the elliptical on Sunday and Devon is going to give me a lighter lifting routine to go with it.

So sad...

WARNING: COMPLETE SUBJECT CHANGE!!!

Ok, some have asked for details on the singles event I went to last night. There isn't much to tell and this post will most surely disappoint, but here it is.

My friend, Lisa, and I went to a Things to Do event in DC. It was a dinner at Mai Thai in Dupont Circle. The idea is that they place you at tables of 10 with people who appear to be compatible with you based on a pre-event questionnaire. My friend and I both never received said questionnaire, so we were placed by the luck of the draw. There were three tables. It was easy to see that one table was the fun table, one was for people who liked to travel and one was the introverts. My friend got the fun table. I got the introverts. ::frown:: Dinner wasn't too painful. There was one guy who was pretty interesting. Also, I almost picked up one of the chicks at my table... We were joking that we should hang out since we were more interesting than the guys! After dinner I met some of the people at the fun table and had a really fun time.

All in all, I think the night was worth it and I would do it again. At the very least, I practiced my small-talking/conversational skills. I also met some interesting people.

On the metro ride home, my friend got hit on by a random guy who claimed he was living in a hostel by choice. He also claimed he was an architect. He ended up giving my friend his card which was for a company that was in 'entertainment'. Sketch-ball. Anyways, while he was hitting on her he asked what she did. She told him we were computer programmers. At this point, 2 stereotypical-looking computer nerd boys perked up and did all but drool while staring at us with large grins for the remainder of the ride. As they exited the train they did not break their creepy gaze. We got a good chuckle out of that.

Me and Lisa need to go out more often...that's all I'm saying... ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'd've given you a nickel if you'd managed to mention (a) Star Wars (b) Star Trek (c) LARPing (d) all of the above *also* while on the train! Clearly I am still needed in your life to prompt you on such occasions. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Opportunity lost. ::frown:: Next time...

    ReplyDelete