Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Non-ABD Tuesday Lifting Session

Lifting on non-ABD Tuesdays are sort of sad. But today went well. ABD actually called me last night and we talked for an hour and a half. I have an AWESOME trainer. We spent a long time trying to figure out why I am not doing so great with the food lately. I really think he hit the nail on the head with his assessment. I don't really have the time to write it all out today. Maybe on my next off-day post...

Anyways, one of the many, many topics we covered was how I am bad at meeting people. Devon noted that he observes me at the gym with my headphones in and a don't-bother-me face. It's true. I don't really like people I don't know (sorry everyone, I didn't like you before I met you...it's just how I roll). Today, I intentionally left my iPod in my locker, smiled at strangers and even small talked with a group of people. I told Devon. He was so proud. :)

The lifting:

Close Foot Position DB Box Squats x 4s x 10r @ 45lbs (Your feet should be only 5-6 inches apart)
DB Step-Ups x 4s x 10r @ 25lbs

BB Deadlifts x 4s x 10r @ 115lbs (I did 110 lbs because ABD told me to do the FreeMotion machine and it only has increments of 10 lbs...Silly, Devon...)
DB Reverse Lunge x 4s x 10r @ 35lbs

Flat DB Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 20-25lbs (do these on the floor if you have space) (I used the 25 lb DBs.)
Incline DB Press x 4s x 10r @ 25lbs

Close Grip Lat Pulldown x 4s x 8r @ 50-60lbs (I did 50 lbs.)
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown x 4s x 8r @ 50-60lbs (I did 50 lbs.)

DB Side Raises x 4s x 10r @ 12.5lbs
DB Front Raises x 4s x 10r @ 12.5lbs
Bent-over DB Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 12.5lbs

BB Cable Curls x 4s x 10r @ 30-40lbs (I did 32.5 lbs.)
BB Cable Triceps Pushdowns x 4s x 10r @ 30-40lbs (I did 32.5 lbs.)

Stability Ball Crunches x 3s x 20r
Hyperextensions x 3s x 12r


I got an appointment with the amazing doctor recommended by HCL, but it isn't until a week from Friday--July 9. Until then, I will follow the marathon training plan, but on the elliptical. For short runs, I will add two miles and for long runs I will go for time (I have been doing 12 minutes per mile).

Next workout: tomorrow! I should run 5 miles, so I guess I will elliptical 7. ::shrug::

No comments:

Post a Comment