Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Calm Down, Slim Down"

Today I ran 3 miles with Sean and Joey at O-Dark-Thirty (which was actually light out, but *should* have been dark. Nothing should be awake at that time...Nothing.), then in the afternoon I lifted.

Running with the boyz is a change from running with the girls, but still fun! I am really enjoying my Sean & Joey Running Week (to be topped off with a 5 mile run Saturday morning at the same wrong hour in the morning)!!! The running stats:

Total Distance: 3.00 miles
Total Time: 31:42
Calories Burned: 395
Average Pace: 10:34 min/mile
Average HR: 112 (something was funky here...disregard this stat)


Then...in the afternoon I went to lift. Now, Devon and I had a conversation during our Tuesday session about how I think he hates making me lifting workout routines because I always have to remind him and he always does them last minute. This makes me feel naggy. No one likes to feel naggy. He said that he actually enjoys making them, but does need reminders. And he told me not to stress because he always has them 'in time'. Ok. We agreed that I would text him the day of said needed workout. In short, EVERY Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday...I will text him. Fine by me. :) So, the following text/email chain happened today:

Text from Me to ABD, 7:24 am: Need a workout. :)
Email from Me to ABD, 1:38 pm: I am leaving [work] at 3:45 so I need [the workout] by 3:15 or a print out.
Email from Me to ABD, 3:09 pm: DEVON! I am leaving work in 7 minutes! I neeeeeed a print out. Stat.
Text from Me to ABD, 3:26 pm: Driving to the gym now! You're stressing me out.
FIRST response from ABD to Me, 3:27 pm: I thought we agreed that you were going to calm down. Stress releases cortisol. Cortisol causes belly fat. Calm down, slim down.


Touché, ABD. Touché.

Devon greeted me on the weight room floor with a print out of my workout and even complimented me on my nice work clothes I was wearing. I believe he said something like: 'That's actually a cute top.' Devon, Devon, Devon... 1) All of my clothes are cute, why are you surprised?; and 2) Since when do you notice how cute or not cute my clothes are???

The much anticipated lifting routine (all supersets):

Squat Press x 4s x 10r @ 270 lbs
Reverse DB Lunges x 4s x 10r @ 40 lbs
DB Stiff Leg Deadlift x 4s x 10r @ 40 lbs

Seated Chest Press x 4s x 10r @ 35 lbs
Flat DB Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 17.5-20 lbs (I used 17.5 lb DBs.)
Push-up x 4s x 10r @ BW

Lat Pulldown x 4s x 10r @ 65 lbs
Bent-over DB Rows x 4s x 10r @ 25-30 lbs (I used 25 lb DBs.)
Standing Cable Shoulder Flexion x 4s x 10r @ 25-30 lbs (I did 25 lbs.)

Standing BB Shoulder Press x 4s x 10r @ 40-50 lbs (I used a 40 lb BB.)
Rear Delt Flyes x 4s x 10r @ 40-50 lbs (I did 50 lbs.)

Stability Ball Crunches x 3s x 20r
Plank x 3s x 15r@ 3 seconds each


Next workout: Saturday! Run 5 miles with the boyz!

No comments:

Post a Comment