Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ran (Walked...), Lifted and Got My New Diet!!!

Today I woke up super early to run 3 miles with Amy! Well, it wasn't early enough, because it was humid and we totally ended up running for a little over a mile and walking the rest. We went 3.29 miles in total. The conversation was great, per usual. :)

After work, I went to the gym to lift. Here is my routine:

Back Squats 4s x 8r @ 115lbs (Smith Machine)
Kneeling Leg Curls 3s x 10r @ 55lbs
Seated Row 3s x 10r @ 65lbs (I did 80 lbs on a different machine per ABD since this machine was in high demand today!!!)
Incline Bench Press 3s x 10r @ 75lbs (Smith Machine)
Close Grip Lat Pulldown 4s x 10r @ 60lbs
Seated Shoulder Press 3s x 15r @ 50-60lbs (Hammer Strength) (I did 50 lbs.)
Machine Biceps Curls 3s x 10r @ 40-50lbs (I did 40 lbs.)
Cable Rope Pushdowns 4s x 12r @ 27.5-37.5lbs (I did 27.5 lbs.)


After my workout Devon gave me a new diet plan. It is a 1500 calories plan with 5 meals. It should be 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. I have a lot of options which is both nice and a tad overwhelming. Ok. Not a LOT of options, but some. Here is the basic rundown:

Meal #1: cereal and milk OR oatmeal OR whole grain toast OR 1/2 bagel OR 1/2 wheat english muffin; if I don't have the milk, I have a greek yogurt; 3 egg whites; and coffee with cream and 3 sugars!!!!
Meal #2: 1 slice whole grain bread OR 1/3 cup whole grain pasta; a fruit (small apple, 1/2 pear, 3/4 c blueberries, 1 1/4 c strawberries or 2 small plums); 3 string cheese OR 3/4 cup cottage cheese OR 1 cup hummus; and peanut butter OR coconut!!!!
Meal #3: 1 slice whole grain bread OR 1/2 wheat pita OR 1/2 c whole grain pasta OR 2/3 c brown rice OR 1/2 baked sweet potato; 3 oz lean meat (chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin, beef or tuna); mixed greens or green beans; and 6 almonds
Meal #4: Fastfuel and a fruit (see list above)
Meal #5: 3 oz lean meat (see list above); mixed greens OR cucumbers OR zucchini; and oil, dressing or margarine


Seems reasonable. I'll go shopping tomorrow and try to implement Sunday...

Next workout: Saturday. Run 7 miles! Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment