Saturday, January 15, 2011

Uphill Battle Cardio

I've decided to rename "Pyramid Cardio" to "Uphill Battle Cardio" thanks to the graph from STB. Because it is all uphill, all the time. And this is what Devon assigned for me today. The exact assignment:

Cardio Treadmill 45 minutes (Z2, start at 3% incline and pyramid the incline from 3% to 6% to 9% and back down every three minutes)

Here are my stats:

Calories Burned: 478 (Treadmill)
Time: 52:15
Distance: 2.94 miles
Ending HR: 118


It felt good to do this cardio. I was in a great mood from talking to my friend, Filly, for the first time in waaaaaaay too many months, I have been eating healthy fro a few days now and I kept thinking that when it was over I got to come home and eat Lunch 2: the meatwich! (I love the meatwich.) My muscles were pretty sore from this horribly painful rehab lifting cycle--but I am confident that it is good for me. If nothing else, it is always good to switch up what you are making your body do, but additionally it is improving my muscular endurance. This is a good thing.

(Almost Complete) Food Log: High Carb Day
Breakfast: 2 egg sandwiches (each contained one multigrain sandwich thin, one fried egg and one slice canadian bacon), coffee
Snack: 2 servings of greek yogurt (plain), 3 tsp. peanut butter, pear
Lunch: 5 oz. turkey cutlets, 1 cup green beans, 18 almonds
Snack (a.k.a. lunch 2): meatwich! (2 slices 12 grain bread, 5 oz turkey lunch meat and 3 tsp mayonnaise), apple
Dinner (will be): 5 oz pork loin roast, 18 almonds


Tomorrow is a glorious rest day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment