Saturday, January 29, 2011

Free at Last! From the Rehab Cycle...

I AM DONE WITH THE REHAB CYCLE!!! Free at last! Free at last!!!! No more 25 rep sets. No more 3 second releases. Nope! No more for me! At least not for awhile...

The lifting:

Hack Squats x 2s x 25r @ 180-200lbs (200 lbs)
Seated Leg Curls x 2s x 25r @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Reverse Grip Seated Row x 2s x 25r @ 30-40lbs (40 lbs)
Incline Chest Press x 2s x 25r @ 30-40lbs (30 lbs)
Close Grip Lat Pulldowns x 2s x 25r @ 45-50lbs (45 lbs)
Cable Upright Rows x 2s x 25r @ 20-30lbs (30 lbs)
Seated DB Curls x 1s x 25r @ 10-15lbs (normal curls, not hammer) (15 lb DBs)
Lying BB Triceps Extension x 1s x 25r @ 20-30lbs (20 lbs)


During my final rehab cycle lifting routine, I did some reflecting. Here are my mid-depth thoughts (not so deep, but not all that shallow either):

1. I really enjoy only doing 2 sets. If it is HORRIBLE after the first set, I tell myself: "Only one more set!!!" Won't get to do that in the next cycle I am sure.
2. Jump roping is not fun. Ever.
2a. I lack coordination in general, especially whilst jump roping.
3. I have definitely seen progress. If you recall from my first experience of the rehab cycle, it was bad. A quote: "By rep 15 I want to curl up in a ball and cry. By rep 20 my muscle is on fire. At about rep 24 I am whimpering (literally and audibly). After rep 25 I typically curl into a ball for a few seconds." That was not exaggeration. That actually happened for the first two weeks or so. It wasn't until today I realized that the fire, whimpering and need to curl into a ball was gone. Weight lifting is a tricky thing and you cannot always see tangible results at the speed in which you'd like to--I am quite pleased with this improvement!
4. I am so glad it is over. And quite fearful for what is coming next. ;)


Next workout: lifting with Devon on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment