Monday, January 31, 2011

Not *Quite* as Bad as the Rehab Cycle...

Today Devon and I friend lifted. Now that the rehab cycle is over, Devon and I are doing a strength cycle with heavy weights again. Since this is the first week, I am 'easing' back in. Like last time, I am doing "Push" muscles with Devon on Mondays, full-body stability-based workout on Wednesdays and "Pull" muscles on Fridays (generally--I am sure it could change).

So, today was a "Push" day:

Legs/Quads:
Seated Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 20reps @ 90 lbs
45° Leg Press: 4 sets x 15reps @ 360 lbs

Chest:
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets x 8reps @ 85 lbs
Assisted Chest Dips: 3 sets x 12reps @ 52, 46, 40 lbs assistance
Flat DB Flyes: 3 sets x 15reps @ 20 lb DBs

Shoulders:
Standing Military Press: 3 sets x 12reps @ 55 lbs
DB Side Raises: 3 sets x 8reps @ 7.5, 10, 12.5 lb DBs
Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets x 12reps @ 55 lbs

Triceps:
Cable Pushdowns: 4 sets x 10reps @ 32.5 lbs
Bench Dips: 3 sets x 20reps @ BW


I am certain I will feel the effects of this in a bad way tomorrow. But for right now I am doing JUST FINE. :)

Some things I liked:

1. I did the bench press without spotting from Devon. To be clear, he was there--ready!--but did not need to touch the bar once. That's my first time doing that!!! :)
2. My chest is stronger than I think. I totally overshot the assistance on the chest dips and lightened it each set. I will definitely start lower next time! #iamabeast
3. I experienced muscle failure today! During the second set of bench dips, at rep 20, I pushed up, but my body went crashing down to the floor. I shall wear the inevitable bruise on my bottom as a badge of honor!!!!


Also, today was a weigh-in day. I am only down .3 pounds from last week. This is frustrating as I have stuck to my diet and exercise plan without fail. It is not alarming in general to have a low weight loss week, but with my deadline (only a little over 4 weeks away!) I was disappointed. Devon agrees we will lower my caloric intake. He promises to get it to me by tomorrow... I shall wait with bated breath.

Next workout: cardio tomorrow (with Meagan perhaps?????)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment