Friday, January 14, 2011

Lifting Friday & My First Very Low Carb Day

Today was another painful lifting day. Not digging this rehab cycle--but I do see the value so I like it in theory, just not in practice. :)

The Lifting:

Seated Leg Press x 2s x 25r @ 175lbs
Olympic Style Deadlifts x 2s x 25r @ 50lbs (same motion as a squat, use the Free Motion Machine)
Reverse Grip Seated Row x 2s x 25r @ 30-40lbs (40 lbs)
Assisted Dips for Chest x 2s x 25r @ 100lbs
Close-Grip Lat Pulldowns x 2s x 25r @ 40lbs
Rear Delt Flyes x 2s x 25r @ 20-30lbs (30 lbs)
Standing Cable Curls x 1s x 25r @ 10-15lbs (10 lbs each side)
Machine Triceps Press x 1s x 25r @ 50lbs


For some reason, my arms were mush today--starting with the first upper body exercise (seated rows). I was about to type that I wasn't sure why, but suddenly I have a theory. You see, I could not do deadlifts on the smith machine because it has these stopper things. I have no idea why Devon assigned it--unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible. So, I was confused and went to ask Devon what he was talking about. But as I approached the training desk I noticed Devon as speaking with a client. I may....pester....Devon a lot, but I never mess with other people's paid Devon time. So I did not know what to do!!! Then I saw my new(ish) friend I met a few weeks ago. He is a very big-muscled man. I assumed he knew his weight-lifting stuff and so I asked him. Well, I more talked it out at him. I told him that I thought Devon was silly for assigning me something that cannot be done. I said, Devon doesn't know what he's talking about. Muscley man was quick to defend Devon as being more knowledgeable than himself. I came to the conclusion that I would just used a 50 lb barbell. Then asked him if I could hurt myself and quickly answered, probably not. Then I flashed my adorable, weight-lifter-in-distress smile. He laughed. I told him that if I started yelling out in pain I'd expect him to save me. He quickly claimed that he in no way told me what to do and would assume zero responsibility if I hurt myself. I would say "burn", but he had a big-muscley and cute smile as he said it. :)

Oh! I did the deadlifts with the 50lb barbell and didn't hurt myself, but do wonder if holding the bar for the 50 slow reps made my arms mush for the rest of the session. Maybe... Maybe not. In any case, I survived.

Food Log: Very Low Carb Day
Breakfast: egg white omelet (6 egg whites, green & red peppers and one slice canadian bacon), coffee
Snack: 2 servings of greek yogurt (plain), 3 tsp. peanut butter
Lunch: chili from red, hot & blue!!!
Snack (a.k.a. lunch 2): breadless meatwich! (5 oz turkey lunch meat and 3 tsp mayonnaise)
Dinner: 5 oz chicken salad


Note: I love carb-cycling! It turns out I love eating meat and fat. Didn't even miss my carbs today. But am excited for High Carb Day tomorrow!!!!!

Next workout: pyramid cardio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment