Monday, January 24, 2011

Friend-less Lifting Again

Devon was unable to make friend lifting today. Sure, I was sad at first, but there was a BIG positive that came from it: I DID NOT HAVE TO JUMP ROPE DURING DEVON'S SETS!!! Ding-Dong the jump roping is gone!!!!! Also, I arrived 1 1/2 hours later than usual on Mondays (since I wasn't meeting the D-Man) and still finished at the same time. Lifting goes much faster without Devon lifting too and me talking to him (<--notice how I didn't say we were both talking???).

The lifting:

Seated Leg Extension x 2 x 15 @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Lying Leg Curls x 2 x 25 @ 40-50lbs (50 lbs)
Seated High Row - Hammerstrength x 2 x 25 @ 20-30lbs (30 lbs each side)
Seated Inclined Chest Press - Hammerstrength x 2 x 25 @ 20-30lbs (20 lbs each side)
Lat Pulldown - Freemotion x 2 x 25 @ 40-50lbs (40 lbs)
Cable Upright Rows x 2 x 25 @ 15-25lbs (25 lbs)
Cable Biceps Curls x 1 x 25 @ 15-25lbs (use the white cables where the arms move up and down) (20 lbs)
Cable Triceps Kickbacks x 1 x 25 @ 15-25lbs (use the white cables where the arms move up and down) (20 lbs)


And now for some notes/stories:

1) I took it easy on the lat pulldowns because my back is still incredibly sore from Kickboxing Saturday. I'm sorry...did I say 'back'? I *meant* back, shoulders, hips, glutes and forearms. My bad. Can I get an amen, Amy???

2) I've never used the Hammerstrength Incline Press but I knew kind of where it was. When I got to that region of Man-Land there were two machines that looked kind of identical--one was labeled "Incline Press" and the other "Chest Press". If you go back and look, Devon assigned me to use the "Inclined Chest Press"...so which one is it?!?! After some pensive staring, I opted to use the "Incline Press". Mid-set another trainer, Jay, brought a client to the "Chest Press" and said to him, "Now you'll do incline presses." Uh oh. Am I using the wrong machine??? In between sets, I asked Jay which was the incline press. He said they were both the same. REALLY, LIFETIME?!!? Why label identical machines differently!?!?!? You're killing me, Lifetime Fitness in Columbia. Killing me.

3) This officially marked the end of the second week of carb-cycling. I completely forgot to mention that I lost SIX pounds the first week!!!! I was so excited!!!! This week I lost another TWO!!! 8 pounds in two weeks...cannot complain!!! :)


Next workout: cardio tomorrow of some sort.

Food Log: High Carb Day
Breakfast: 2 egg sandwiches (each contained one multigrain sandwich thin, one fried egg and one slice canadian bacon), coffee
Snack: 2 servings greek yogurt, 3 tsp. peanut butter, 1 cup pineapple
Lunch: 5 oz. teryaki pork loin, 1 cup green beans, 18 almonds
Snack (a.k.a. lunch 2): meatwich! (2 slices 12 grain bread, 5 oz ham lunch meat and 3 tsp mayonnaise), apple
Dinner: 5 oz. teryaki pork loin, 1 1/2 cup pineapple, 18 almonds

2 comments:

  1. You're never friend-less lifting with all of us reading every word! It's just a bit delayed for the interaction part.

    ReplyDelete