Monday, January 10, 2011

Annnnnnd....I'm Back!

Let's just get this out of the way: I know you missed me like crazy. It's cool. You're only human, but I am back.

I was geeking it up in New Orleans!!! It was super fun!!! And I even exercised a little...

I lifted Wednesday, 6 January in the hotel gym (all 2 sets, 25 reps except arms):

Seated Leg Extensions: 50 lbs
Lying Leg Curls: 40 lbs
Seated Row: 30 lbs
Incline Chest Press: 30 lbs
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 40 lbs
Seated DB Front Raises: 5 lb DBs
Seated DB Hammer Curls: 10 lb DBs *one set only
Lying DB Triceps Extensions: 5 lb DBs *one set only


My friend, Jess, joined me for shoulders, biceps and triceps. Jess is strong. :)

Thursday morning, Jess and I swam in the outdoor heated pool. Nice in the water--stinking freezing out of it!!! I swam for ~30 minutes with some down time for instruction from Jess on my freestyle stroke.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I did nothing fitness-related. I worked my butt off. And had some good fun with good friends. And enjoyed the local fare. :) All in all a great week!!!!

Today was friend lifting with Devon! I asked him if he missed me. He said yes. I asked him if he noticed that I didn't bother him with any texts while I was gone. He laughed, said he DID notice and was even worried about me due to the silence. :)

The lifting (same thing: 2 sets, 25 reps, 4 seconds each rep, jumping rope in between sets):

SM Box Squats: 85 lbs
Seated Leg Curls: 60 lbs
Seated Machine Row (Neutral Grip): 40 lbs
Seated Incline Press: 20 lbs
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 35 lbs
Cable Upright Row: 17.5 lbs
Seated DB Hammer Curls: 10 lb DBs *one set only
Machine Triceps Extensions: 30 lbs *one set only


I also learned (by observing Devon's set) that I was doing the 4 seconds completely wrong. I was doing 4 seconds to pull/push the weight and going faster letting the weight go back. I was supposed to be doing the opposite. Example: on the lat pulldown machine, do the initial pull down at medium speed and take 4 seconds to bring the pulldown bar back up. The way I was doing it is harder. Awesome. It still stinks the right way...just a little less. :)

I'm so happy to be back! But need to get some catch up sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment