Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lifting Wednesday & Carb-Cycling Day 1

Today I didn't particularly feel like lifting. But I did it all. And I didn't cheese out on the weights. I did attempt to negotiate out of pull-ups with Devon, but he was not budging. Jerkface. He did allow me to increase the assistance. Semi-Jerkface.

The lifting (all 2 sets, 25 slow reps each):

Hack Squats x 2s x 25r @ 160lbs
Pull-Throughs x 2s x 25r @ 30-35lbs (32.5 lbs, 35 lbs)
Seated Row (Neutral Grip) x 2s x 25r @ 30-40lbs (40 lbs)
Seated Machine Flyes / Pec-Decks x 2s x 25r @ 30-40lbs (40 lbs)
Assisted Pull-ups x 2s x 25r @ 100lbs (115 lbs)
Seated Shoulder Press (Neutral Grip) x 2s x 25r @ 20-30lbs (30 lbs)
Seated Inclined DB Curls x 1s x 25r @ 10-15lbs (12.5 lb DBs) *only one set
Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdowns x 1s x 25r @ 15-20lbs (20 lbs) *only one set


These slow reps hurt so bad! I talked Devon into letting me have 150 lbs assistance on the pull-ups. I got on the machine and actually had to *push* down to get the platform to lower. That's not right. So I manned up and increased the weight. Twice. And ended up with only 115 lbs assistance. Which was challenging, so that is a good thing.

Also, today I started the carb-cycling diet. My officemate put a brownie on my desk when I went to lunch. I got back and saw it and exclaimed, "WHO DID THIS?!?! WHO PUT THIS BROWNIE HERE?!?!?" And she fearfully replied that she did because she wanted to make sure I got one if I wanted one. I felt so bad for freaking out, she was just trying to be nice. I thanked her for her thoughts and told her to take it back. :) I'm back in the zone...

Carb-cycling involves a high carb day, a low carb day and a very low carb day. You just repeat that every three days. Today was the high carb day. I feel like I ate a lot of food. I guess I have to to sustain though to the very low carb day. My favorite meal? Afternoon snack (a.k.a. Lunch 2) is a meatwich!!! A sandwich with FIVE OUNCES of lunch meat and a little bit of mayonnaise. YUM!!!!

Next workout: cardio tomorrow (on my first low carb day...).

No comments:

Post a Comment