Thursday, May 6, 2010

NO LIMITS!!!...The Deuce.

Today there is much to update. I lifted, attended No Limits Cardio and have a tale about arm wrestling I completely forgot to post yesterday due to my late night rushing to get to bed. Let us begin.

ABD gave me a lifting routine for today. I had asked him to please, please, please be nice since: 1) I was doing the No Limits Cardio class directly after lifting; and 2) he did an *excellent* job on Tuesday and my back and shoulders are *super* sore. In true ABD form, he did not respond. He did not email me my workout at all actually--I mean, why would he? When I got to the gym, he had it printed out for me. Aww, thanks, Devon... Here is the routine. Please note the TWENTY rep sets on the lat pulldown (BACK) and the FIFTY pound SHOULDER presses. You're ever so sensitive, Devon. I'm sure the pain will go away soon...

45° Leg Press: 300 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Kneeling Leg Curls: 50 lbs, 12 reps each leg, 4 sets
Single Arm Bent Over DB Row: 50 lb DB, 8 reps each arm, 3 sets
Pec-Decks (Seated Machine Chest Flyes): 55 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets
Lat Pulldown: 55 lbs, 20 reps, 2 sets (I did 50 lbs because I could not find the 5 lb plate)
Machine Shoulder Press: 50 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Standing DB Hammer Curls: 22.5 lb DBs, 10 reps, 4 sets
DB Kickbacks: 17.5 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets


I then cooled down for 10 minutes and stretched. At this point, it was time for No Limits Cardio! I had taken this once before with my friend Amy. It kicked my butt. Today, it did not disappoint. :) You start the class with a 'warm up'. I put it in quotes because it was tough. Lots of running in circles and up and down stairs. Then we set off on the circuit (when there are two things you did each for 30 seconds of the minute):

Triceps Dips
Jumping Alternating Lunges
Planks from forearm to push-up position/push-up position to one arm shoulder touch
Walking Push-Ups
Squats (pivot in a circle, alternate legs)
Monkey-somethings (works obliques)
Stability Ball Overhead Pulls into a Crunch Holding a Medicine Ball
Push-ups on Dumbbells into Reverse Flyes
Woodchucks with a Medicine Ball
Jump Rope


We went through all of those stations twice. The first time after about 3 stations we did other fun cardio, like run the stairs, do the football run in place thing, jump over blocks, jumping jacks, squat jacks, weaving around cones, sprinting, etc... The second time through we went from each station with 10 second breaks in between. The last 15 seconds of the minute we pushed it as hard as we could. I sweat a lot. And I got a great workout! Oh! And I forgot the best part. I took the class with hot guy who did Latin Fusion with me. And at one point he flexed his amazing bicep for me from across the room. Yes, in that moment it made it all TOTALLY worth getting my butt kicked. ;) I *also* flexed my *amazing* bicep for him. He obliged me and complimented it.

While walking out of the class, ABD was there will another client (I know, I am also still shocked he even has other clients.) and I told him to take a good look because *this* is what I look like when I get my butt kicked. I really don't know why I provoke him. Probably because it is so much fun for me...and I know he is all talk. OH SNAP, DEVON! Yes, I said it. It's a good thing Devon doesn't actually read this blog. :) Devon asked me if I wanted him to formulate my sessions to be like that. I said, please don't. He then declared that he would CLEAR HIS WEEKEND schedule to plan a session to kick my butt on Tuesday. I think we all know Mr. All Talk will do no such thing... Don't we? :P

So. My arm wrestling story from yesterday. Some of you know that I really want to arm wrestle a scrawny man now that I am big and beefy. I have been trying to get my friend Tim to do it, but he refuses. Then I met Ryan. He looked scrawny enough so I challenged him. He refused. Then Ryan's wife Meag heard about this. And posted this in her 'Buzz" on gmail:



ERIN! ARE YOU READY TO TAKE ON THE ARM WRESTLING CHAMP!?!
THAT'S RIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED!

The medal says: 'Arm Wrestling Champ'. Meag hand-made it with love. So, I accepted. The match occurred yesterday. Per Ryan's request, the high school student was present, because: 1) we needed a witness; and 2) that witness needed to have questionable credibility in case Ryan lost. At this point, Ryan flexed for me. And I knew I was doomed. Kid has muscles!!! Who knew??!?! Apparently, he worked in a lumber yard. Whatever. So, he won. He has earned his medal. Or did he win? I mean...the only witness was a high school kid. ;)

Next workout tomorrow: some sort of cardio to be determined by ABD.

No comments:

Post a Comment