Monday, May 31, 2010

Meggie ::HEARTS:: the 'Pile Up of Love'

Today was a very, very extra-special day! Not only did my mom join me for my three-mile run by biking alongside me, but Meggie got to be awoken by three adorable nieces jumping on her in bed in a maneuver referred to by Cassandra as the 'Pile Up of Love'.

On our run in the boonies of central New Hampshire, my mom and I were able to run/ride on the appropriate sides of the road (me on the left, her on the right) and still have a conversation because of the narrow roads. There was no danger of traffic because: 1) it was 6:30am on a holiday; and 2) population of New Hampton is roughly equivalent to the number of men I have dated in the last 10 years.

While running, riding and conversating, my mom informed me that she was only out with me for one reason: to make the blog. Then she quickly added a second motivation. Apparently, she frequently sees moose and bear tracks on the side of the road. Excellent, mom. So, what exactly was her plan other than getting out of dodge on her bike faster than me who was on foot. I called her out on this and through laughter she told me she could 'get to help quickly'. Aww, shucks, mom...

My stats:

Total Distance: 3.00 miles
Total Time:31:38
Calories Burned: 397
Average Pace: 10:38 min/mile
Average HR: 155


Next workout: tomorrow! Some sort of in-home strength at Josh and Lisa's!

No comments:

Post a Comment