Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Flunked Out of Spin Class.

Today, I joined Amanda F. for spin class. After 20 minutes, I not-so-gracefully exited in favor of my tried and true treadmill. That *also* did not go well, so I ended up walking for about 10 minutes (I had planned on running 3 10-minute miles) then stretching. I have some theories as to why my morning cardio did not go well:

1) I was awake at 4:45am. I felt like I had no energy. I may not have had any;
2) I think my body is still out-processing all of the crap I ate this weekend; and
3) My legs were so sore from my workout with ABD yesterday and I think I was just plain old fatigued.


I feel like it was probably a combination of the three. Anyways, while waiting for Amanda to finish her hard-core spin class, Melissa called me over to the TEAM Weight Loss Class to give a testimonial!!! I loved it! I was able to speak to why I felt that I have been successful. I mentioned the trainers and the accountability of my friends and family reading my blog. I also told them that I am (usually) very good at sticking to a strict diet plan and not cheating and that I emailed/text/call my trainer whenever necessary. Melissa asked for the link to this blog and asked if she could share it. Umm...YES! So! If you are Melissa or one of her TEAM Weight Loss peoples, WELCOME! I hope you can be inspired and/or take advantage of some of my lessons learned!

Also, it occurred to me that I don't have a three-letter nickname for Melissa... Hmm... She's really adorable and small, but a super tough trainer...maybe Adorably Tough Melissa? ATM? I like it.

Next workout: lifting tomorrow! Here's to hoping I have some energy for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment