Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ABD is Strong.

And apparently he felt like today should be Man-handle Erin Day. And I was. Man-handled. The whole session.

The session began with me giving him the note from Amy. This note brought ABD so much joy. I have never seen him smile so big. He loved it. He said that apparently we (him and Amy) were in it together and I was having an intervention. He also grinned and said it was going to go into my file. Well done, Amy. You made Devon's day.

I weighed in. I'm up like 7 pounds. Not surprising. I ate whatever I wanted. Also, my fridge died this morning and won't be fixed til the 4th earliest. I am not able to buy diet food and keep it cold until then. :)

While walking to the weight floor, he mentioned that he was tired. I said I was tired too and suggested we both go lay down. There was a split second of silence until I realized what I said and quickly added: 'SEPARATELY!' But it was too late. The look of horror on ABD's face was priceless...

Devon then proceeded to kick my butt. I asked him if it was because I cheated for two weeks or because of Amy's note or because he was going to make it this rough anyways. He got his cocky smile and said that I will never know. JERKFACE! The lifting:

45° Leg Press 1(10) + 1(10) +2(20): 140 lbs, 30 reps, 4 sets
Seated Leg Curls: 95 lbs, 20 reps, 4 sets
Wall Runs: BW, 30 seconds, 5 sets
SB Horizontal Body Rows: BW, 10 reps, 4 sets
Ballistic BB Chest Press: 65 lbs, 5 reps, 5 sets *SUPERSET with Push-Ups
Plyo Push-Ups: BW, 5 reps, 5 sets *SUPERSET with Ballistic Chest Press
AA DB Bicep Curls: 17.5 lb DBs, 12 reps each arm, 3 sets
Cable Torso Twist: 12.5 lbs, 20 reps each side, 3 sets


Ugh. It was rough. The leg press was 10 reps left leg, followed by 10 reps right leg, followed by 20 reps both legs. Yes. It *does* stink really bad. In case you were wondering.

Now for man-handling stories!

1) I made the mistake of pointing my finger at ABD. He took it. And did not give it back for some time. And twisted it. And it hurt. Bad.

2) At one point he grabbed both of my fists with his massive hulky man hands and was telling me something serious (like trying to figure out why I cheat or something lame like that) and was moving my hands side to side as he was speaking. I think he was trying to get my attention and make a serious point but I didn't really hear what he was saying because I kept thinking that it was funny cause it looked like we were dancing and I was trying not to giggle out loud...

3) As we were finishing up I started to walk to the locker room and he told me I was going the wrong way like he does when I don't go cool down and stretch. I told him I was not interested in cooling down and stretching. He told me to go do it. I told him to MAKE ME. I promptly began to back away as quickly as possible. But he was quicker. And stronger. And he physically pushed me to a treadmill. I then thought, he can't possibly get me *onto* the treadmill, but he hit the back of my leg in the perfect place to make me step up while he was pushing me. The man is skilled. He then kept one hand on my back and set the treadmill. Well done, ABD. Well. Done.


Sigh. I need to get motivated again. Next workout tomorrow. I race my intern around Centennial Park. Bring it, Ryan! BRING. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment