Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ryan 2, Erin 0

Sigh. Ryan beat me in the Decathlon 5K (part of the Michael Scott Celebrity Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure Series). To be honest, I sort of phoned it in. I walked for a lot of it. You see, Ryan started out super fast! I looked at my GPS watch and we were going 6:48 min/mile! I eased off expecting him to tire out and he did. When I approached him he started running again. I thought, "This blows! He got a rest period. I did not." So next time I caught up to him walking, I walked too. Once I started pacing with Ryan's walking breaks, I lost my umph to run at all. It was HOT and HUMID. So, he won. I lost. :(

Finish line picture:



Ryan's lovely wife, Meag, cheering us on:



Ok. That *is* Meag...but she is not actually in the act of cheering us on there... It's just the only picture she sent me.

Ryan did say that I really tested him. He was ti-ired at the end. Had I run the whole thing and not phoned it in, I would have beat him easily. But if I hadn't walked, he probably wouldn't have walked as much either, so who knows...

I am excited for the next 8 events. I feel like I can take him in the baking events...

Next workout, lifting. *Maybe* tomorrow morning before my doctor's appt. Maybe late tomorrow night... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment