Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week One of Marathon Training: DONE!

Greetings from New Hampshire! While I am busying living free or dying and visiting with loved ones and/or family (joking...), I am also kicking butt on my workouts!

Today I had my first long run of the marathon training plan--a mere six miles. But I was TERRIFIED due to my inability to run 3 miles both Wednesday and Thursday of this week. I set out after a quick prayer for help and ran, ran, ran!

I ran from my sister's house in Bedford ALL the way to Merrimack (my old stomping grounds!) and back. I really needed to kick butt on this run or I would have seriously reconsidered this whole marathon idea... And I did! And now I only have 20.2 more miles to go... YIKES!

My stats:

Total Time: 1:04:01
Total Distance: 6.00 miles
Calories Burned: 801
Average Pace: 10:40 min/mile
Average Heart Rate: 169


I feel great! I could have kept going! I will post the route when I return to MD and can sync my GPS watch with my computer.

Next workout: some sort of strength and cross-training (slow walk) tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment