Monday, May 17, 2010

Florida Exercising

So, I caved and bought internet. Yes, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress does NOT have free internet, ANYWHERE. Not in the lobby. Not at the conference. NOWHERE. I may yelp-slam them. But that would require getting a yelp account and I am not sure I care that much. But I will slam them here. Loser Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress! But I digress.

I am going to take a few steps back to explain some stuff and make an addendum to the Great Urban Race post.

Friday: Friday I was supposed to lift. I texted Devon and told him I didn't feel like it. I expected him to tell me I had to. He didn't. I didn't lift. I told him that was a trainer fail. He responded that he has always maintained that he will never make me do anything--my motivation needs to come from within. I told him I need him to. He asked me what i would do when he was gone. I told him he'd be my trainer forever. He did not text me back after that...

Saturday: This was the Great Urban Race day, detailed in the previous post. I finally mapped the course we took. I think it is pretty close to accurate. Here is the link to the map. It is 6.54 miles. This is before we metro-ed back to the finish. It does not include the walk from the Columbia Heights Metro to the park where the finish was. This was another 1.11 miles.

Sunday: I was a dedicated rock star on Sunday. As it concerns exercise. I have been a junk food maniac since Thursday. ABD even called me 'little miss cheater pants' which I secretly loved. I woke up at 5 am after going to bed at the early hour of 1:30 am. I then drove all over northern MD and then headed to the airport. On the airplane I planned on sleeping, but the 8-ish year old boy behind me had other plans which involved seat kicking, repeated tray table lowering (followed by repeated tray table raising) and asking every possible question in the world (e.g. Why haven't we taken off yet? Why are we above the clouds? Why are we landing? etc...). So I got about 20-25 minutes. A decent power nap. I arrived at my hotel around 1:45 pm. At this point I had two choices: 1) sleep until the opening session at 4:45 pm; or 2) lift at the hotel gym. I *chose* to be a rock star and lift. It was rough. ABD did not take it easy on me. But I did it. Because I am a ROCK STAR. The lifting:

Leg Press x 4s x 15r @ 175lbs
Leg Curls x 4s x 20r @ 100lbs
Chest Press x 3s x 8r @ 50lbs
Lat Pulldown x 4s x 10r @ 60-70lbs (I did 60 lbs.)
Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Presses x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (I used 25 lb DBs and only made it through 10 reps on the 3rd set.)
Standing Dummbell Curls x 3s x 12r @ 20-25lbs (I used 20 lb DBs.)
Machine Triceps x 4s x 15r @ 40lbs
Floor Crunches x 3s x 25r
Lying Leg Raises x 3s x 20r
Supermans x 4s x 15r


Monday: Today I was supposed to run outside. We stayed out kind of late last night and I had to ge up early this morning. Then we had plans to go out to dinner and then to a jazz club so I made the decision not to run. :) Well, I have been eating junk and am super tired. That makes me not want to run and want to run all at the same time. While on a break I was talking to these two men about whatever and one of them told me about a women he met at the last conference he went to who was *ALSO* expecting. I'll pause now to allow time for you to gasp in shock and horror like I did internally. ... Ok. I handled it like a rock star and made him feel like it was no big deal. He got off *much* easier than he should have. And as much as I don't care about strangers' opinions of me, I am super frustrated. I mean, I've lost 91 pounds. I am in the best shape of my life. I am at a healthy weight. And I look pregnant to him?!?! When will it end? Will it ever end? ::sigh:: Maybe it was a poorly cut dress? I probably won't wear it again. EVER. Anyways, that little bit of public humiliation was enough to motivate me to run! So I bailed on dinner and jazz and ran instead. I went over to Downtown Disney and back which was 3 miles. I did it in 30:58 which is a 10:20 pace. Burned 397 calories.

Next workout: tomorrow, lifting.

1 comment:

  1. over 7.5 miles in that race on Sat...you must be tired. Don't forget about CitySolve Urban Race DC. It's coming to town on Sept 11th

    http://CitySolveUrbanRace.com

    ReplyDelete