Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Ran Inside.

Today, ABD told me to continue to do long runs for my third cardio day. This is quite an abstract thing since I had focused long runs before while prepping for the half marathon. I decided to go for an hour at a slow pace. The idea of long runs is to run them slower than your race pace and to stay in zone 2. I decided to do the Hills option on the treadmill to attempt to simulate outdoor running a little bit. I think I set it to level 5. It basically had a warm up and cool down, but in between it did 1 minute at 0.0%, then one minute at 2.1%, 2.8%, 3.5% and 4.3% with 0.0% minutes in between them. Not bad. I ran at 5.0 mph the entire time.

Stats:

Calories Burned: 749 (Treadmill)/ 564 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 5.22
Time: 65:00
Ending HR: 126


Next workout tomorrow. Lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment