Sunday, January 31, 2010

NH Workout Rundown

I have officially completed all NH workouts! And boy am I glad they are over!!! Only family fun time now!!!

Here is the rundown:

Saturday: Resistance Training and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Sunday: Run with my sister-in-law.

Saturday my sister, Marina, did my workout with me and it totally made it SO much better!!! She counted for most of the exercises which made it easier for me to focus on the pain... :) Here is the breakdown:

Resistance Training: Squats x 3s x 30r @ Body Weight (do the first 10 at 5
seconds up/5 seconds down, next 10 at 3 seconds up/3 seconds down, final 10
up/down fast as you can. That's one set)
Triple Crunches x 3s x 15r (hands
above your head, bend your knees and bring your feet off the ground, crunch up
to the left side, then the middle, the right side of your legs. That counts as
one rep. Let your hands touch your legs)
Lateral Step-ups x 3s x 15r @
bodyweight (go up sideways on a sturdy chair or something similar. Come down as
slow as possible and go right back up)
Lying Leg Raise Stages x 3s 12r
(bring your legs straight up 90 degrees, lower them about a quarter of the way
to the floor and stop, count 5 Mississippi's, lower another quarter and repeat
until your legs are just above the ground and come straight back up. that counts
as 1 rep)
Lunge to Balance x 3s x 15r @ bodyweight (instead of coming up and
putting both feet together, bring your leg straight up into a high knee so that
you are standing on one leg, then move that leg out and continue to lunge)
Supermans x 3s x 15r

Cardio: 30 min Elliptical / maybe run outside (3 min Z2, 2 min Z3, 2
min Z4, 3 min Z1, repeat)


I did the cardio on Marina's brand new elliptical machine. It is pretty sweet! Probably the fanciest one I've seen outside of a gym. It has a fan that blows cold air on you. It is AWESOME.

Sunday, my sister-in-law ran with me. We set out for 4 miles. I drank coffee before we went. I have since learned that that is not a good idea. It is in fact a very, very bad idea. I came back to the house in a frantic state 3.57 miles in. Good enough for me. :) Lisa's awesome GPS watch gave us pace per mile!!!

1st-10:59
2nd-11:12
3rd-11:51


This is MUCH faster than I normally go, so I am super impressed!!! I think I am typically a 12 minute miler on a good day for a short period of time! Yay me! It helped to have Lisa pushing me along!!!!

Next workout Tuedsay with ABD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment