Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Workout? Check.

Today All Business Devon assigned some cardio: Treadmill 50 min (5 min. Z2, 5 min Z3) -- try the "Hill" option on the treadmill and adjust your speeds to keep you in zone.

I woke up this morning in a world of pain. Oh. My. Ow. My shoulders are destroyed--just DESTROYED. And my core. Oh, my core. Every time I laugh, cough, eat, breathe, think...it hurts! Ugh. As I mentioned to ABD in the email I sent him, it is what Zak used to refer to as "good pain". Well done, ABD... He may just live up to his butt-kicking reputation...

I am not a fan of the "Hill" option. Maybe it will grow on me. I satrted off on level 4 (with the choices of 1-20), a complete guess. It was so pansy I had to run pretty fast to get into zone 3! This caused my calves to lock up and hurt in the first ten minutes. I upped it to level 7, then subsequently to level 10. Level 10 seemed to range from inclines 1.5 to 7.8. I typically vary my inclines from 2.0 to 8.0, so it was close. I could probably push it a little more next time. Other than the calf pain, which went away about 30 minutes in, the workout was fine.

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 499 (Treadmill)/485 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.41
Total Time: 52:05 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 142


I didn't do a very long cool down, because I had to use the little runner's room badly. :) So, my ending HR was a bit high.

Also, ZTT was working out! So I got to say a quick hello before rushing off to make it to Saturday night church. Lynn, Amanda F. and I will be lunching with ZTT tomorrow to give him a gift for all the awesomeness he has done for us! Very exciting.

Tomorrow: REST DAY!!!
Monday: Run with the girls in the AM, Latin Fusion in the PM! (7pm at Lifetime, if you are a member!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment