Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First ABD Cardio, Amanda F. Rant AND an Embarrassing Story

Today is jam packed with randomness. I got my first ABD cardio assignment, Amanda F. had an amazing rant in the women's locker room AND I embarrassed myself. So much to write about... Let us begin.

Today. Devon gave me my first cardio assignment. Very ZTT-esque. I like it. It was: Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2010 - Cardio: 50 min. treadmill or see below (4 min Z2, 4 min Z3, 1 min Z4, 1 min Z1, repeat). I like how he put the full date. :) It's exactly that attention to detail that sways me to like ABD...

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 560 (Treadmill)/575 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.69
Total Time: 60:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 132

I still do not have the rest of my assignments...it's like I am still working with Zak! (Oh snap...)

Next. I saw Amanda F. in the women's locker room. I commented on how stinking packed the weight floor was today. All those lame New Year's resolution people. Amanda launched into an excellent rant about how we were here before them and we'll be here after. Also, she gives them one month tops til they stop coming. She finished her rant with how there were two major types of people annoying her: men who work out in groups and take forever and high school girls all skanked up trying to get said guys' attention. She then concluded with my favorite line: "Guys give women a hard time for going to the bathroom in groups, well they work out in groups. They shouldn't judge."

Finally, the part you've all been waiting for--me embarrassing myself. So. I am on the treadmill and this guy walks by who looks familiar. After a second I realize it is the guy from my office that almost all the women think is very hot (I will take this moment to disclaim that Amanda E., nee M., does not. I can appreciate that he is pretty, but not my type). I was curious how he looked sweaty..as any normal person would be. So when I was done on the treadmill I decided to go to the weight room to see, but I needed an excuse. Luckily I had seen Amanda F. there earlier so I was going to go look for her to say hello. Completely reasonable. So I head over there and scan the room for "Amanda" when I see him (all sweaty...) and his head popped up fast, like he recognized me. Oh no! Abort! Abort! But it was too late. Luckily (again), I saw it out of the corner of my eye, so I think I have plausible deniability. I had a look on my face that was intended to say: "Huh. Where is my friend, Amanda? She *should* be here..." I am sure it didn't say that to him... It probably said: "Hello hot guy, I am a creepy stalker." Which perhaps I am.

Next workout tomorrow and TBD (Devon...).

Oh! And, in case you were wondering, I was stuck behind every slow driver in the world today, except my mom, because she lives in New Hampshire (you know I love you, Mom...).

And--still no word from the owner on my complaint letter. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment