Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"There's No Crying in Man-Land."

Yes, today was an ABD day. I am tempted to just list my favorite ABD quotes from the session with little to no explanations... Yes, yes I will. I will say that he enjoys bringing the pain...to me. He *really* enjoys it. A little worrisome for me.

ABD quotes:

"I think you overestimate my capacity for feelings. If you died while doing this machine, I'd feel a *little* bit of responsibility, but I wouldn't be sad."

"I have NEVER seen anyone shake so bad, with so little weight on this machine!"

"The machine owned you that last set. Erin 1, Machine 1. Who's gonna take round three??? I think you may be the underdog." I should note that this was a different machine than the previous quote.

(Upon me saying I don't think I can do another set of these--again, completely different exercise than prior quotes.) "I think you're gonna *try*." Yes, Devon...I am gonna try. And I am going to do them...all...because you are going to make me.

"There's no crying in Man-Land." To be fair, I was not crying. But in retrospect, I see how he could have thought I was as I curled into a ball after the worst triceps set of my life.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!? NEVER LEAVE A BENCH UNATTENDED!!! YOU HAVE TO GUARD IT! WE ARE IN *MAN-LAND*!" This was yelled at me in a panic when I followed him to help grab some weights (I was being pro-active in helping get weights). Apparently *my* job was to guard the bench. According to ABD I have much to learn about Man-Land etiquette.


There are more, but I don't want to bore you. Here is the workout that inspired those quotes:

Hack Squats: 160 lbs, 20 reps; 180 lbs, 20 reps; 200 lbs, 20 reps
Stand Cable Press - FM: 40 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Russian Falls: Body Weight, 20 reps, 3 sets
Shoulder Combo: 5lb dumbbells, 20 reps, 3 sets
Prone Iso Abs w/ Hip Abduction: Body Weight, 16 reps, 3 sets
BB Preacher Curls: 35 lbs, 20 reps, 3 sets
Overhead Triceps Ext: 10 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets (this machine was the one I shook SO hard on....I think Devon did most of the lifting for me, to be fair...)
Bosu Burpees: 5 in 30 sec; 6 in 30 sec; 7 in 30 sec


ABD added the Bosu Burpees at the end 'for fun'. He thought after the overhead triceps extensions--that I could barely do and curled into a ball after the *first* set--another exercise would be fun. Yes, Devon...FUN.

One funny story from today. For the Russian Falls, Devon just told me to kneel on the mat and face away from him because we'd be doing Russian Falls. I had no idea what they were and was somewhat confused and thought that me facing away from him would be problematic in understanding the exercise since I couldn't see him demonstrate. A boy (who was very cute) overheard this exchange and giggled. Then he kept giggling during the whole explanation. I looked at him and asked if he thought this was funny and he said yes because as soon as he heard 'Russian Falls' he knew he would be entertained. Awesome. As I told ABD, even though I am 25% Russian, I did not like them. Nope.

Also!!! I have successfully nagged, whined to, or shamed Devon into preparing a diet plan for me! And, and, and! HCL (recall: Hard Core Liz) is helping him! Devon took me down to the LifeCafe and we bought me some FastFuel, a protein-filled meal thingy-do. (<--that's the technical term). I have to get permission to take it from my blood thinner peoples as it contains some leafy greens. But, if they approve, I will be incorporating that into my snack time. I am *very* excited for my new plan. The new diet will begin when I get back from NH, so next Tuesday.

Next workout tomorrow. ABD should tell me what it is sometime in the next 20 hours. :)

2 comments:

  1. Let's be honest: if you and I were trainers, we might sound a lot like Devon's first quote. Maybe we should become his trainees! I bet he'd LOVE it. ;]

    Seriously, I think you should make that suggestion to him... and then tell me how he responds! :)

    ReplyDelete