Friday, January 15, 2010

Lifted Today

So, I will start with a confession, no explanation. I took yesterday off. I needed it. I was supposed to do something on the elliptical for 50 minutes, but the jet lag has really gotten to me and I just didn't have the energy. I *did* go to bed at 9:30 and I feel super refreshed this morning! I will be adjusting my schedule to still do the cardio, but will do it on Sunday (previously a rest day). See, no need for confessions! I simply reorganized...and I *love* reorganizing!!!

Today, I made sure to get my lifting routine done early so I wouldn't have the temptation of scrapping it later in the day.

The assignment (and my modifications, when necessary):

Seated Leg Extensions x 3s x 12r @ 60-70lbs (I did 60 lbs)
Dumbbell Chest Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (I used 10 lb dumbbells--there is only one 15 lb dumbbell at the hotel gym, and 20 would ave been too heavy)
Stiff-Leg Dumbbell Deadlift x 3s x 15r @ 25-30lbs (I used 25 lb dumbbells)
Bent-over Dumbbell Row x 3s x 15r @ 25lbs (I used 25 lb dumbbells)
Dumbbell Side Raises x 3s x 15r @ 10-15lbs (I used 10 lb dumbbells for the first 2 sets which for some reason kicked my butt so I used 5 lb dumbbells for the last set--I almost stopped after two sets so I see the decision to continue with lighter weight a victory!)
Supermans x 3s x 20r
Seated Machine Biceps Curls x 3s x 12r @ depends on the machine...I'm thinking 30-40lbs (There was no Bicep Curl machine so I used the 10 lb dumbbells)
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension x 3s x 15r @ 15lbs (These I also almost did not do, because I had NO idea what they were--but my sister, Marina, came to the rescue and told me!!! I did the first two sets with the 10 lb dumbbell because I was so used to ignoring the lone 15 lb dumbbell. During my second set it occurred to me that I was doing only one arm at a time so the lone 15 lb dumbbell was fine! I did the third set with the 15 lb dumbbell)


Next workout: swimming tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment