Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Workout. Check.

Today was lifting and 30 minutes of cardio in zone 3.

The lifting:

Squat Press: 200 lbs, 15 reps (after the last two sets walking lunges across the room and back, then rest)
SB Chest Press: 17.5 lb dumbbells, 12 reps (last set alternating)
DB Deadlifts (straight leg): 20 lb dumbbells, 12 reps
Cable 1 Arm Row: 32.5 lbs, 12 reps
Roman Chair: 10 reps (only 2 sets)
FM Shoulder Press: 25 lbs, 12 reps
Assisted Chin Ups: 120 lbs assistance, 12 reps
Assisted Dips: 115 lbs assistance, 12 reps
Rope Upper Back: 37.5 lbs, 12 reps
Chest Fly: 65 lbs, 12 reps


For the cardio I was a bit worried, because as I get more fit, it gets more difficult to walk in zone 3. So I thought: 30 minutes of running?!? Oh noes! So, I took the Julie V. approach to jogging and tried to jog at a fast walking pace. I jogged at a pace between 4.1 and 4.4 for the whole 30 minutes! Now, this is slower than my interval pace when I run and walk, but good for the stamina I think... Yay, me!

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 215 (Treadmill)/635 (HR Monitor in total)
Total Miles: 2.29
Total Time: 35:00 (including cool down)/1:20:51 (in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 127


Next workout is tomorrow. It was supposed to be cardio for 48 min {4 min zone 2, 3 min zone 3, 1 min zone 4} 6 times, but I have been forced coerced arm-twisted suckered into manipulated convinced to take the CardioPoint test (the one with the zone testing) tomorrow. So I will do that, then ZTT will assign me something for the remainder of my workout once we see what I do for the test. Fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment