Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Trainer Take Two

I went to the gym today to workout and see Zak on his last day as a Lifetime Trainer. I did not want to work out. I have not been sleeping more than 5 hours a night and am exhausted. While talking with Zak and all but passing out on the personal training desk, we discussed my new trainer options and Zak chose Devon. I informed Zak that I didn't like him at all for the entire first TEAM session--which you all have known, but apparently he did not--and he seemed offended. I told him that I like him now and that's all that matters. And that I consider him a likeable person so getting to know this new trainer is going to be a rough process I think. Zak thinks it will be different because we were in a group session and I will be one-on-one with Devon. We shall see...

Devon came over to the desk and Zak introduced us. Zak bragged to Devon about all of my, er, uh...I mean *our* awesomeness over the past 8 months. I informed Devon that I had only ever trained with Zak and did not want a new trainer. Zak told Devon (in front of me...thanks Zak) that I was afraid I wouldn't like him. Devon looked me in the eyes and quite directly said: I'm afraid I won't like you either.

I think I'm gonna like Devon.

According to Lifetime's website Devon has been a NASM certified personal trainer since 2003 and his strengths are: Weight Loss, Athletic Performance, Self-Defense and Post-Rehab. Zak said that he is very good and will be tough with me, but also chat with me and Zak even thinks I'll be able to talk to him about all of my crazy life drama like I do to Zak....we'll see about that...

I am going to email him my goals and expectations and we are going to have my weekly Tuesday at 5 session next week, then decide if we want to move forward.

I got on the treadmill but wasn't feeling it so I hopped off after 15 minutes. :) I am a slacker until Tuesday. Accept that fact. I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment