Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday Workout? Check.

Today I was not in the mood to workout. And it stunk. But, per usual, I felt better after I did it. The assignment was to repeat the weight routine from Thursday and do 30 minutes of cardio: {5 min zone 2, 5 min zone 3} repeat--attempt to get into zones via inclines rather than speed changes.

The lifting:

Group #1 (3 sets):
DB Walking Lunges: 20 lb dumbbells, 12 reps
Bent Over Row: 70 lb bar, 12 reps
BB Deadlift: 70 lb bar, 12 reps

Group #2 (3 sets):
SB Chest Press, 20 lb dumbbells, 12 reps
SB Bicep Curls, 15 lb dumbbells, 12 reps
SB Shoulder Press, 12.5 lb dumbbells, 12 reps

Group #3 (3 sets):
Tricep Rope: 22.5 lbs, 12 reps
Rope Upper Back, 37.5 lbs, 12 reps


The first group really stanks. It is *rough*. Lunges hurt. Bad. Then to go into the 70 lb bar for two sets of exercises. My forearms are mush when I am done. But I do it. Cause I'm amazing. Don't forget it. ;)

The cardio (I used my iPod shuffle instead of my iPhone, so I had no way to write down my stats...this is from memory... ::grin::):

Calories Burned: 313 (Treadmill)/620 (HR Monitor in total)
Total Miles: 1.93
Total Time: 35:00 (including cool down)/1:05:58 (in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 129
I was able to keep my speed right around 3.5 mph and varied the inclines from 4.0 to 8.0 depending on my heart rate.

Next workout: tomorrow. ZTT still hasn't told me what to do yet... ::sigh:: It will be cardio of some sort...

No comments:

Post a Comment