Sunday, December 6, 2009

Great Weekend!

I came into this weekend mildly stressed. I felt like I had a lot to do for the Baby Shower today, but also had a lot of other things. Well, the snow put an end to that! I found myself with a lot of down time and PLENTY of time to get ready for the shower (partially in part due to my amazing friends who all helped by bringing food!!!) and clean my house! What an excellent relaxing weekend and a great time with great friends!!!

So. I was supposed to run a 5K this morning, but due to the weather, it was canceled. At 6 am when I got the text from MT (Thanks fr the head's up MT!), I rolled over and went back to bed rather than going to the gym to run a 5K on the treadmill (as any sane person would do). Due to the shower, I didn't really have time during the day to workout. But I could have gone AFTER the shower (around 6pm). Then Kimberly asked to take me out to dinner to thank me for the shower...it's only polite to say yes... Especially when it is Outback. :)

I was concerned about running late tonight and then early tomorrow with the Sole Sisters so I decided that *if* I worked out, I would swim. Well, I did end up going to the gym after dinner. And I went swimming. And I am really glad that I did. I feel great both physically and mentally! I made a good choice!!! YAY! I feel like had I not worked out and told ZTT that the race was canceled so I didn't, he would have said: "I totally understand." And I don't want him to. I want him to say: "Why didn't you get the exercise in some other way?" So I did. And I will tell him that's what I want from him. Tough love, ZTT...tough...love.

My Lap Times (Elementary Backstroke, EB, is the correct term for Snake-Chicken-Eagle):

Lap 1: BS, 1:37.55
Lap 2: EB, 1:46.75
Lap 3: BS, 1:54.80
Lap 4: BS, 1:58.02
Lap 5: EB, 1:50.22
Lap 6: BS, 1:54.74
Rest: 2:26.58
Lap 7: BS, 1:39.63
Lap 8: EB, 1:49.42
Lap 9: BS, 1:52.84
Lap 10: BS, 1:57.29
Lap 11: EB, 1:51.97
Lap 12: BS, 1:49.75

Total (including rest): 24:29.56


So without the rest it was about: 22:03. That is like a minute and a half faster than last time! Progress!

Next workout: tomorrow morning with the Sole Sisters!!

1 comment:

  1. You know I have to quote Dory: "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!..." ;)

    ReplyDelete