Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My 150th Post!

Can you believe it??? 150 blog posts. Most of these correlate to a workout. Some more than one. Some don't. But I have probably worked out ~150 times since April 22!!! Wow!

And it was a weigh-in day! I am down THREE more pounds! That's 62! Only 39 til my goal! Craziness... I am so proud of me!

Today was a ZTT day. I feel like it was a great session. I cannot exactly put my finger on why. Most of our sessions are good, and some are very entertaining, but today seemed like a really GREAT session workout-wise!

The Lifting Routine:

Squat Press: 230 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Bent Over Row: 60 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
DB Deadlift (straight leg): 25 lb dumbbells, 15 reps, 3 sets
SB Chest Press (alternate last set): 20 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Roman Chair: 15 reps, 2 sets
Assisted Chin Ups: 120 lb assistance, 12 reps, 3 sets
Assisted Dips: 115 lb assistance, 12 reps, 3 sets
Leg Extensions: 70 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
FM Shoulder Press: 25 lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets
Rope Upper Back: 42.5 lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets


This is the routine I will repeat in my workouts, but Zak made it 'more fun' today. The last set on the Squat Press he upped the weight to 270 to 'show David up'. David is another trainer. Zak is competitive. Awesome. :) Also, today Zak taught me what a 'drop set' is. One explanation of a drop set is pain. Another, perhaps more useful, definition is: do two sets regular, on the third set do 10 reps regular, then immediately drop the weight down and do 12 reps, then immediately drop the weight again and do 15 reps. We did this on the Leg Extension machine. This machine is *very* good at isolating the muscle that runs down my thigh into my knee. And the FIRST rep hurt. I told ZTT as much and he asked if it hurt my muscle or my knee. I said my muscle. He grinned large and said, "That's one." Awesome. :) The drop set hurt, but I secretly love when Zak has me do things like that. I feel good for pushing myself and feel strong and in shape. Shh, don't tell Zak... I asked him how long he had been waiting to punish me physically like that. He gave me some official answer of him being glad that I have come so far that he can do things like this with me. I rolled my eyes, but am sort of flattered. :)

Plan for the week (No more slacker trainer! He emailed me BEFORE our session):

Wed - cardio (4 min z1, 2 min z2, repeat 8 times)
Thu - repeat weights and cardio (35 min z1)
Fri - cardio (20 min z1 treadmill, 20 min z2 steps)
Sat - OFF
Sun - unofficial 5k (I expect an impressive time on this)
Mon - run with the girls
Tue - session with Zak


I have asked him if I can lift Sunday. I like lifting 3x per week and have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment