Sunday, December 13, 2009

Well...I Tried...

Today I was assigned to run the 5K with my girls in Bel Air. I asked ZTT if I coud also lift later in the day. He said it was fine.

Well, the 5K was canceled due to weather. I really debated what to do. Lift only? Run a 5K in the afternoon? Lift and light cardio? I decided I would lift and swim after my movie date with Amanda F.

So, I set off to the gym to lift and I found it to be *much* harder than the previous two times I did the exact same routine. I thought maybe it as because I rested yesterday--but isn't that supposed to make it easier??? About halfway through my routine, on the Roman Chair, I felt pressure in my chest and remembered that I have been nursing a cough for the last 4 or 5 days, but did not *feel* sick. Well, I think it has finally hit me. Breathing felt awkward for the next few exercises, but I kep thinking I would push through it. During the chin ups I decided I would not swim--just finish my lifting then go home. When I got to the shoulder press, I did the first set then suddenly broke into a sweat, felt light-headed and thought I was going to be sick. I immediately decided to stop and go home. :( I think I made a good decision. I think I will not be running tomorrow morning, but resting. I will see how Monday goes and will maybe run tomorrow night.

I lifted:

Squat Press: 230 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Bent Over Row: 60 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
DB Deadlift (straight leg): 25 lb dumbbells, 15 reps, 3 sets
SB Chest Press (alternate last set): 20 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Roman Chair: 15 reps, 2 sets
Assisted Chin Ups: 120 lb assistance, 12 reps, 3 sets
Assisted Dips: 115 lb assistance, 12 reps, 3 sets
Leg Extensions: 75 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets (I was only supposed to do 70, but didn't noticed the 5 pound weight was down...oops)
FM Shoulder Press: 25 lbs, 12 reps, 1 set


Because I left early, I didn't lift:

FM Shoulder Press: 25 lbs, 12 reps, 1 set
Rope Upper Back: 42.5 lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets


Next workout either tomorrow running or Tuesday with ZTT.

No comments:

Post a Comment