Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Stupid Test

I took the stupid test today, a.k.a. the CardioPoint Assessment. Here are some interesting (to some?) statistics:

Peak VO2: 36.9
Peak HR: 175
VO2 at Threshold: 35.6
Heart Rate at Threshold: 175 (aka Anaerobic Threshold)


So my AT was the same as I had previously thought: 175. In April, when I started all this we estimated my AT to be 175. According to the literature, we guesstimated my zone to be:

Zone 1: something to 122
Zone 2: 123 to 152
Zone 3: 153 to 174
Zone 4: 175 and above


Great! So they stay the same??? ZTT and the Stupid Test say no. :(

The new zones based on the test:

Zone 1: 152 to 162
Zone 2: 162 to 168
Zone 3: 168 to 175
Zone 4: 175 to 185
Zone 5: 185 to 195


I don't even want to talk about it. Zak is working me up to these zones slowly because they are awful!!! Zone 1 is supposed to be an easy workout--a HR of 152 is NOT EASY. That's all I'm saying...

ZTT and I also had a "meeting". He had agenda topics on a post-it note and everything. I kind of love his organization level--but it did sort of feel like I was being called into the principal's office... We discussed: client/trainer expectations, emailing, scheduling and something else, but cannot for the life of me remember what the 4th item was... Anyways, he wanted me to tell him why I was dissatisfied. I said: Dissatisfied??? *innocent eye blinking and smile*. He said: You have a terrible poker face. True that, ZTT. So we talked about how I felt that at the beginning he was all in and that drives me to be all in, but lately he hasn't been. He agreed that he has been distracted but is making an effort to be all in again. We also discussed emails and how he needs me to put important things in bold for him... ... ...OK... I also shared some of my concerns unrelated to him as a trainer but to my journey. I feel like I am reaching a weight that I always reach then gain again. This makes me a bit apprehensive and worried. On top of that, my progress is slowing. What was 3 to 4 pounds a week is 1 to 2. This also is discouraging. ZTT agreed that I have not plateaued yet, so we need to kick it in high gear and maybe push me really hard for one month to make it considerably past this weight and get me some momentum. I think that's a great idea. I also told him that although he claims he can be tough with me, he really hasn't. I can talk him into (and out of) almost anything. I told him that when I say no, DON'T LET ME. I will not like it, or be nice when this happens, but it is what I want/need. He agreed. We will see.. All in all I am glad he brought up doing this since I am bad at confrontation and we really needed to touch base. And all of these reasons are why I ::heart:: ZTT. :)

Zak modified my Wednesday workout after the test and I did 30 minutes of cardio: {3 minutes 130-150, 2 minutes 150-160} 6 times.

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 300 (Treadmill)/305 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.31
Total Time: 37:30 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 123

Next workout tomorrow (probably with my friend Lynn!!!): lifting and 30 minutes of cardio: 15 minutes treadmill in old zone 2, 15 minutes stepmill in old zone 3.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should send him an e-mail with everything in bold because clearly everything you say is important. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love us, because that is the FIRST thing I thought to do! I did decide against it because the spirit of the discussion was improving our trainer/client relationship...

    ReplyDelete