Monday, September 20, 2010

"You Don't See Super Mario Drinking Water, Do You???"

Amanda E. came to the gym with me today! She partook of my offer for the two-week guest pass the gym was offering. Devon told me to do 50 minutes zone 2 on the cross-trainer but I didn't want to, so I asked if I could do the step-mill instead. This perplexed my trainer, since I usually hate the step-mill, but today I hated the cross-trainer more. He agreed.

Amanda and I rocked our 50 minutes on the step-mill! I burned 515 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Amanda LOVED the step-mill... No, no she didn't. But she did stick with it like a trooper! She was quite terrified of falling off of the seemingly endless staircase. She could barely muster the courage to remove one hand from the side railing to pick up her water bottle and could not even fathom removing the other hand at the same time to open it. She likened the whole event to being like the video game Super Mario Bros. And in her words, 'You don't see Super Mario drinking water, do you???' I laughed so hard *I* almost fell off of the step-mill! And then I managed the water for her so that she could properly hydrate. She'd slow the step-mill down to one of the slowest settings, take the open bottle from me, sip, sip, sip, and hand it back over. Such a cute, dramatrex. ;)

Next workout: ABD session tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment