Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Lifting & Massage!

Today I lifted before my post-half-marathon-massage! I was on a tight schedule because I had to lift BEFORE my massage at 1pm. I told Devon this at 1pm yesterday. At 1000 (my deadline), still no routine from my trainer. So I sent him a...few...distressed texts. He texted me back that he was sick and just woke up. Aw. Now I feel like a jerk. But he *did* write me a workout at that point. :)

Here was the routine (note that the legs section is lighter because Devon had mercy on me from the half yesterday):

Squat Press x 3s x 12r @ 250lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)

Seated Leg Extensions x 3s x 12r @ 75lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 75 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)


Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Off side BOSU Push-ups Ball Side x 3s x 12r @ BW (black base down, blue side up, one hand on the BOSU and the other on the ground, 6 on each side, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Seated Row x 3s x 12r @ 60lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Alternating Arm Bent-over DB Row x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (30 lb DBs.)

DB Side Raises x 3s x 12r x 7.5lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Single Arm Seated Shoulder Press-FM x 3s x 12r @ 35lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Hanging Scissors 3s x 15r @ BW (basically alternating leg raises, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)


Then I went on to my massage. Aside from a chatty massage-er, it was good. Next time I will book far enough in advance to reserve the good one. :)

Next workout: cardio tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment