Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lifting Saturday

Today I lifted bright and early! It did not go stellar--I mean, it was fine, but I didn't feel *amazing*. It occurred to me during the session when I felt slightly nauseous that I had three potential reasons for not feeling great (or a combination of some or all of them).

Within a forty hour period, the following happened:

1) On Thursday I had a medication change that has made me feel a little under the weather;
2) On Friday I tried Bikram Yoga for the first time; and
3) This morning I had egg whites and cereal before working out. I believe this is the first time I've eaten dairy before an early morning workout.


So, I powered through the following:

45 Degree Leg Presses x 3s x 12r @ 270-300lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (300 lbs.)
Overhead Lunges x 3s x 12r @ 25-35lbs (hold a weight plate above your head 3 seconds down, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold) (35 lb weight plate.)

Barbell Deadlifts x 3s x 12r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Hip Flexion to Standing Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (Hold the handle, curl the weight, when your leg is straight back down, bring your knee up into a so that you are in ihip flexion, bring your leg back down straight and repeat the curl, Free Motion, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(the is no tempo for the knee flexion portion, just bring your knee up and back down) (20 lbs.)

Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (20 lb DBs.)
Stability Ball Dumbbell Chest Press x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (30 lb DBs!!!!)

Pull-ups x 3s x 12r @ 90lbs or less (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (88 lbs assistance.)
Single Leg/Arm Band Rows x 3s x 12r @ Purple Band plus Red or Blue Band (Anchor the band around something, 2 seconds in, 1 second hold, 3 seconds out)(Whichever side you are standing on is the side that pull)(12 on each side) (purple + blue)

Seated Machine Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r x 35-40lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (40 lbs.)
DB Scaption x 3s x 12r @ 7.5-12.5lbs (with your hands positioned thumbs up, raise the weight at a 45-degree angle, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (12.5 lb DBs.)

Alternating Arm Cable Biceps Curls x 3s x 12r @ 20-25lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)(Use both sides, one hand grip in each hand. Stand a little bit forward so that the cables are pulling down and backwards) (20 lbs each arm.)
Alternating Arm Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (15 lb DBs.)

Stability Ball Passovers x 3s x 15r (lay flat on a mat with your arms above you head, ball between your feet crunch up while bringing your legs up off the mat, pass the ball from your feet to your hands. Keep your legs as straight as possible)
Hyperextensions with hands behind your head x 3s x 15r


Oh the Stability Ball Passovers did not go well. I could barely do more than 3 or 4 without resting briefly. I was just spent. I thought about stopping after the first set (and then again after the second set), but made the decision to finish it. And I did. And I am glad it's over. :)

Next workout is the Howard County Police Pace 5K tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment