Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday *Afternoon* Lifting

Today I had *big* plans to get up quite early and get my lifting done FIRST. I did that one Sunday and it became an awesomely productive day, so I decided to do it again. I texted Devon a reminder last night--like he asks me too.

I woke up this morning. Turned off my iPhone alarm and immediately checked my mail. WHAT?!!? No email from Devon???!?!?!? GASP! So I texted Devon the following: "I am going back to bed since I have no lifting plan from you." And I did. :)

Luckily, I had spare time this afternoon to lift (I don't always, Devon...), so in the end it was no big deal. Having said that, Devon will be forced to listen to me complain about it for a fraction of our session on Tuesday--the size of said fraction is still TBD. It's how I roll...

The (late) lifting:

Squat Press x 3s x 10r @ 310lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Single DB Step-ups to Balance x 3s x 10r @ 35-40lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(you only need one dumbbell. Hold it on the same side as the leg that is working) (40 lb DB.)

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 10r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Single Overhead DB Squats x 3s x 10r @ 10-15 lbs (DB hand straight above your head, free hand on your hip, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (15 lb DB.)

Incline DB Flyes x 3s x 10r @ 20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
BOSU Push-ups Ball Side with hip extension x 3s x 10r @ BW (black base down, blue side up, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Seated Row x 3s x 10r @ 65lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Alternating Arm Bent-over DB Row x 3s x 10r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (30 lb DBs.)

DB Side Raises x 3s x 10r @ 7.5lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Alternating Arm (stage 2) Seated Shoulder Press-FM x 3s x 10r @ 35lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(hold the weight in the "up" position and alternate from there)

Hanging Knee up to leg extension 3s x 15r @ BW (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(bring your knees up and then extend your legs, legs back in the knees down)


Next workout: some sort of cardio tomorrow! But coming up soon, The Little Mermaid viewing with Ryan and Meagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment