Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lifting Wednesday, Awesome Yesterday & Devon's Weakness...

Today was Lifting Wednesday. Here is it is:

45 Degree Leg Presses x 3s x 12r @ 270-300lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (300 lbs.)
Rev to Forward Lunges x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (step backwards, 3 seconds down, 2 seconds up, step up and forwards into a lunge without letting your leg touch the ground, 3 seconds down, 2 seconds up, step up and back so your feet are back together. Alternate legs. (30 lb DBs.)

Barbell Deadlifts x 3s x 12r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
No Hands Standing Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (Place your hands on your hips and balance while you do this Free Motion, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (20 lbs.)

Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (20 lb DBs.)
Single Arm Dumbbell Chest Press x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(All on one arm and then the other) (30 lb DBs!!!!!!)

Pull-ups x 3s x 12r @ 90lbs or less (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (85 lbs assistance.)
Single Leg Band Rows x 3s x 12r @ Purple Band plus Red or Blue Band (Anchor the band around something, 2 seconds in, 1 second hold, 3 seconds out)(switch feet in the middle of the last set) (purple + red)

Seated Machine Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r x 35-40lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (40 lbs.)
Single Arm Dumbbell Front Raises x 3s x 12r @ 7.5-12.5lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)(All on one arm and then the other) (12.5 lb DBs.)

Cable Biceps Curls x 3s x 12r @ 20-25lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)(Use both sides, one hand grip in each hand. Stand a little bit forward so that the cables are pulling down and backwards) (20 lbs.)
Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks x 3s x 12r @ 12.5lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)

V-Ups x 3s x 15r (lay flat on a mat with your arms above you head, crunch up while bringing your legs up off the mat. You should end up sitting balanced on your tail bone for a second at the end of the movement. Keep your legs as straight as possible)
Hyperextensions with hands above your head x 3s x 15r


I feel great! I am really enjoying lifting lately, which is not standard--but I'll take it! Also, I informally weighed in on the locker room scale (not an official weigh-in) and I am down about 4 pounds from last week!!! Stay tuned for the official number next Wednesday when I meet with ABD.

****NEXT TOPIC****

Yesterday my Mom and Step-father, Sherman, came into town!!! It was a short (24 hours!) visit, but it was chock full of fun!!!I will detail the day, along with my amazing food choices. I repeat: AMAZING food choices.

0530: Wake up, eat healthy breakfast, go to work.
0900: Eat healthy snack.
0915: Get a call from Mom! They've landed. Leave to go pick them up.
1000: Take Mom and Sherman to Bob Evans. Drank only water.
1100: Go to my house to relax.
1130: Eat healthy lunch food.
1230: Go to Baltimore!!!
1330: Take Mom and Sherman to Five Guys (they'd never experienced the greasy joy that is Five Guys!!!!). Drank only water--not even ONE amazingly, deliciously, greasy french fry.
1400: Aquarium (Uncle Jo-Jo met us!!!)
1530: Drank protein shake.
1700: Hard Rock Cafe for drinks to kill time. Drank only water.
1800: Camden Yards for the Red Sox game!!!! Eat tuna from pouches and red peppers I brought. Watched Mom, Sherman and Uncle Jo-Jo eat ballpark deliciousness.
2030: Went to bed tired, happy and proud of myself. :)


I understand that it is not becoming to be so boastful, but MAN! I am proud of myself. I ate in empowerment yesterday!!! And I had a great time with people I love! That, my friends, is what you call a WIN-WIN. :)

****NEXT TOPIC****

So, I called Devon today to clarify some of the lifting. I told him about my awesome food day yesterday. Before I detailed the admirable restraint, I told him I expect a creative variant of "You are amazing." when I finished. He said, "Well done," and a quite obviously mocking me, "You are amazing." You know he thinks it for real. 'Cause I am.

Devon then went on to wonder how I did so well at Bob Evans. I said, "Easily. It's tasty, but nothing AMAZING." He disagrees. Apparently he ::hearts:: the Apple Pie Fries. Now, I had never heard of these. But it didn't matter. I instantly fell in love with them and had an intense desire to have them in my belly (after preferably taking a long pit stop on my tastebuds). They sound AMAZING. And I told Devon this. Sometimes I test Devon. Like when I then asked him if I could have some. He emphatically said, "Sure! Have a taste!" I was shocked and appalled. He said ONLY one bite, but have one. I think I may someday... Later today he was doing the nutrition for the T.E.A.M. Weight Loss class. I threatened to go and tell them what he said. He responded that he would categorically deny even knowing me. :) I am filing this Bob Evan's weakness of ABD's away for future use.

While leaving the gym I saw ABD with the T.E.A.M. class. I thought about calling him and his Bob Evan's weakness out. But then I remembered what Tom A. loves to tell me: he doesn't know what Devon gets paid, but he is certain it is not near enough. This may or may not be true...so I decided to cut the man a little slack and just went home. :)

Next workout: cardio tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment