Sunday, September 12, 2010

So Many Police Officers...Not One Pat Down... ;)

Today I participated in the Howard County Police Pace--a 5K that supports the Howard County Police Foundation. I have a friend who is a Howard County Police Officer so I was thrilled to support him by running it. I signed up with my friend, Tracy, his wife.

It rained for the first time in almost a month this morning! At first I was ticked and did NOT want to get all wet. But then I remembered how much I like running in the rain and how WONDERFUL it feels to run in a chilly rain--SO much better than this summer heat!!!

I started with Tracy, but quickly gave her the go ahead to leave me because she is much faster than me. I hadn't run for speed in quite some time--I'd been doing long runs at an 11:30- or 12-minute mile pace. I was hoping for a sub-35 minute 5K. I don't have my time because they haven't been posted yet, but the gun time clock had a 32 on it when I crossed the finish, so my time was either in the high 31s or low 32s. I'll take it! As I told Tracy (who finished with a 26 on the clock), I expected a MUCH slower time so I was very happy! It probably didn't hurt that the first 3/4 of a mile or so was downhill. :)

Bikram Yoga again today, then I rest tomorrow (while the plumbers tear up my front yard for a painfully large sum of money)!

No comments:

Post a Comment