Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes *I* Don't Understand Myself

Unfortunately for those in a 6 mile radius of me, Ms. Crankypants Grumplestiltzkin was still here. In full force. To top it off, ABD is really ticking me off. There have been emails exchanged. I'll leave it at that.

I had to do cardio and I went because: 1) I have not lost ALL grip on reality yet; and 2) I wanted the opportunity to shun ABD if I saw him. :) I'm totally serious. It's sad. It's pathetic. And it's true.

I didn't feel like doing cardio. I didn't feel like running. I didn't feel like walking. I didn't feel like ellipticalling and I didn't feel like cycling. So what did I do? Well, my friends, I did 60 minutes on the cardio machine I hate the most: the stepmill. I don't get me. Here was my underlying inner dialogue:

Me: Ugh. I don't feel like working out.
Me: I know. Tell me about it.
Me: But what should I do?
Me: Run?
Me: Noooo.
Me: Elliptical?
Me: Ugh. No.
Me: ...bike?
Me: Hmmm....no.
Me: Well, you hate the stepmill. Maybe you could do one full hour on the stepmill. That will show them.
Me: Great plan! Who's them?
Me: No idea. But do it.
Me: Okay. I'm doing it. I'm gonna step the crap out of that stepmill.


Here are my stats:

Time: 60:00
Calories: 491.1 (according to the machine, no HR monitor)
Floors: 172
Average Pace: 46 steps/min


I'm off to Pittsburgh. Probably won't be blogging, but still not sure. I may set up some scheduled posts like last time.

I am not asking Devon for workouts. I will do what I feel like doing and see what that looks like as it unfolds.

2 comments:

  1. You came. You saw. You cardio'd. I consider that a MAJOR win, especially when you really, really didn't feel like it. Maybe it's not worth a round of applause, but it's definitely at least worth a fist bump. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initial fist bump followed by the 'explosion' which is drawn back into a second completion fist bump??? Cause that's how I envision it..

    ReplyDelete