Friday, August 20, 2010

Devon It Is. I'm Staying Put.

I've decided to stay with Devon. His response to me hit on a key point--I don't want to keep jumping trainers and using them as a crutch. We are now focused on preparing me to do this on my own. To that end, I wrote a workout for today and sent it to Devon! Here is my submission (with his comments peppered throughout):

Squat Press x 3s x 12r @300 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
Barbell Deadlifts x 3s x12r @ 90 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
---These are two strength exercises. These particular phase calls for a strength exercise followed by a stability based exercise of similar joint mechanics. Think lunge or step-up with a balance at the end.---

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
Prisoner Squats x 3s x 12r @ BW (5 seconds down, hold 1 second, 5 seconds up)
---Overly long phases of movement on the second exercise. Eccentric portion (down in this case) doesn't to be any longer that 3-4 seconds unless you are doing "negatives", and you're not. The concentric portion (up) is way to long. You can't develop power moving that slowly and you might actually decrease the power that you are able to produce. 2 seconds or less on the up portion.---

Seated Row x 3s x 12r @ 60 lbs (2 seconds out, 1 second hold, 3 seconds in)
BB Bent-Over Row x 3s x 12r @ 50 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
---The tempos are switched. While they are not drastically different, they are designed to elicit different adaptations in the body. The second exercise should be the slower paced one and should be a stability based exercise.---

Stability Ball DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 20 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
Assisted Dips for Chest x 3s x 12r @ 65 lbs or less assistance (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
---Again, the second exercise should be stability based and slower in tempo. Flat Dumbbell Flyes followed by BOSU Push-ups.---

FM Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r @ 35 lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)
DB Side Raises x 3s x 12r @ 7.5 lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)
---Side Raises first with a 2 up, 2 down tempo. Make the press the second exercise and keep the tempo the same.---

Hanging Bicycles x 2s x 20 r @ BW
---This is fine.---

Not terrible for just taking a stab at it based on Sunday and Wednesday's lifting. I didn't know what he was thinking and tried to figure it out. Here's what I ended up doing:

Squat Press x 3s x 12r @300 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
DB Step Ups x 3s x12r @ 30 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
Prisoner Squats x 3s x 12r @ BW (3 seconds down, hold 1 second, 2 seconds up)

Seated Row x 3s x 12r @ 60 lbs (2 seconds out, 2 seconds in)
BB Bent-Over Row x 3s x 12r @ 50 lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Stability Ball DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 20 lbs (2 seconds down, 2 seconds up)
Bosu Push Ups x 3s x 12r @ BW (3 seconds down, 1 second hold, 2 seconds up)

DB Side Raises x 3s x 12r @ 7.5 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
FM Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r @ 35 lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Hanging Bicycles x 2s x 20 r @ BW


He said my workout wasn't terrible. I'll take that. He didn't give me any goal or tell me what to work toward. I think I guessed pretty decent. :) I'm proud of myself.

Next workout: cardio tomorrow and Devon has *already* assigned it!!!

Treadmill 50 minutes (Z2 3 minutes, Z3 2 minutes), 1% incline


*****************************************************************************
ATTENTION!!! IMPORTANT ERIN'S BLOG RETRACTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

Devon is now attending the bodybuilding competition Saturday! I know. He is so wishy washy. But I only am making tshirts for me and Amanda. Sorry, D-Money... Too late.
*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment