Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pete, Devon and Climbing

Busy day today! I have 3 separate topics. Ready? Begin.

1) My friend, Pete, has started reading my blog! We were discussing it today and I told him if he keeps reading and commenting he'll "make the blog"--a feat coveted by many and achieved by few. A look of terror swept over his face, he threw his hands in the air implying surrender and said, quite forcefully, "I'll stop!" I wouldn't be me if I let *this* go: WELCOME PETE!!!! I shall call you: RIP, short for Reluctant Irregardless Pete. ::wink:: (I'm so unrelentless. ::double wink::)

2) Devon and I had a meeting and a session. We met to discuss my training. Much was discussed and we have come to the conclusion that among MANY other issues I have, I get bored. To counter this, Devon proposed the following solution: plan out a year and break it into four parts (at this point I said somewhat snottily, "Quarters???" Devon responded appropriately sarcasticly with, "Or halves of halves." I decided with great joy we would call them half halves.) then schedule very different themes for each half halve (YES! I love it.) and have a 'thing' at the end of it--maybe a fun activity, maybe a workout goal like a race, etc... I think I like this. My next step is to email Devon my calendar for the next year. Devon will get me an updated diet (fewer carbs since marathon training is halted) and my year-long plan. He *claims* he will get these two items to me "in a day or two". I shall wait with bated breath.

The lifting was a crazy madhouse rush. Devon was on a mission to "get all the neurons firing". Mission accomplished (all 3 sets, 12 reps):

Hack Squats: 230 lbs
Seated Leg Extension: 100 lbs
Step-Ups: 50 lbs, 60 lbs, 60 lbs
Dead Lifts: 80 lbs, 90 lbs, 90 lbs
Seated Leg Curls: 115 lbs
BB Lunges: 55 lbs (12 reps each leg)
Seat Rows - Rope: 60 lbs
Seated Chest Press: 35 lbs, 40 lbs, 60 lbs (yeah, I asked him to up it--I'm tough)
Pull-Ups - Wide Grip: 72 lbs assistance
Seated Shoulder Press: 40 lbs
BB Preacher Curls: 40 lbs
Cable Triceps Pushdowns - V bar: 40 lbs


Kicked. My. Butt.

3) I left the gym and went straight to Earth Treks to climb. Genius move, I know. I did a 5.5, then a 5.6. I attempt a 5.7, but it owned me (I am ashamed.), then did another 5.6 instead. ::sigh:: I let the 5.7 get in my head. Larry berated me, as well he should. I will say that when I thought I couldn't do it, then did, I felt GREAT! But I had done that 3 times already and was only 1/3 of the way up. I was fatigued from lifting. Look at all of my excuses. :( Anyways, Larry told me that I have excellent movement on the wall for only my second time. That was an unsolicited compliment and I feel awesome!!!!

I'm off to NH tomorrow. No blogging. Sorry! Miss you already... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment