Sunday, August 15, 2010

Slow It Down...

Today was my first workout since Tuesday (YIKES!). Marina's wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Here are the sisters:



I wasn't going to ask Devon for a workout today. I was going to get back into it tomorrow. But then my friend, Tony (who was down from NJ to make me Pad Thai...and visit with friend!) told me that Amanda F. was working out at 1pm today. I thought, "I will too!!!" So that was that.

Devon gave me the following routine (all supersets), with many, many instructions on sloooooowing it all down. I have the feeling that I will feel this greatly tomorrow:

45 Degree Leg Presses x 3s x 12r @ 270-300lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I did 300 lbs.)
Walking Lunges to Balance x 3s x 12r @ 20lbs (step, plant your foot, take second to go down, come up so the you are balancing on your front leg, step with the free leg, repeat cycle)

Barbell Deadlifts x 3s x 12r @ 90 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Standing Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (Free Motion, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (I did 20 lbs.)

Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I used 20 lb DBs.)
Dumbbell Chest Press x 3s x 12r @ 20-25lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (I used 25 lb DBs.)

Pull-ups x 3s x 12r @ 90lbs or less (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I used 88 lbs assistance.)
Standing Band Rows x 3s x 12r @ Purple Band plus Red or Blue Band (Anchor the band around something, 2 seconds in, 1 second hold, 3 seconds out) (I used purple and red.)

Seated Machine Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r x 35-40lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I did 40 lbs.)
Dumbbell Front Raises x 3s x 12r @ 5-10lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (I used 10 lb DBs.)

Dumbbell Biceps Curls x 3s x 12r @ 20-25lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I used 20 lbs DBs.)
Cable Triceps Pushdowns x 3s x 12r @ 30-40lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down) (I did 40 lbs.)

Bicycles x 3s x 30r
Hyperextensions x 3s x 15r


Note that I did the heaviest end of every weight range except bicep curls--and the 20 lb DBs was a challenge for those--and the pull-ups. I decided to give it all I had. :)

About halfway through I started to feel sick--probably from all the junk I've been eating combined with my sleepiness from so much traveling. I could have probably stopped without angering the trainer (he's a big baby), but I decided to try to push through. I am very pleased that I did! However, I got very sick while showering. I just needed to be asleep. I had pad thai plans with Amanda F. and Tony and some other friends. I went to Amanda's and slept for two hours! I feel better, but am a bit groggy...and the pad thai was delicious!!!!

Even in my grogginess I made sure to go to the supermarket--I am ready to eat healthy tomorrow!!!!

Next workout, some sort of cardio tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment