Saturday, August 7, 2010

Congratulations, Fitness! You win.

Today Amanda F. and I hit the weight room at our hotel. We made the wise decision to not go out with the work crew and head home after the Pittsburgh Pirates game to get a reasonable amount of sleep. The Pirates game was great and the view from the ballpark is beautiful:



Amanda was doing chest and arms, and I was doing a light full body set. This is my first (and only) workout in Pittsburgh, so I felt like I should do *something*. Here's my routine:

Leg Extensions: 3s x 10 reps @ 92.5 lbs
Lying Leg Curls: 3s x 10 reps @67.5 lbs
Lat Pulldown: 3s x 10 reps @55 lbs
Row: 3s x 10 reps @50 lbs
Shoulder Press: 3s x 10 reps @50 lbs
Chest Press: 3s x 10 reps @50 lbs
DB Bicep Curls: 3s x 10 reps @15 lb DBs


For the dumbbell curls, Amanda was using the 20 lbs (which is what I normally do), but I was not incredibly motivated so I grabbed the 15s. I told her I was alternating. She said she was too! We were joking at how adorably nerdy we were lifting in sync. Since my laptop was down there to check in online for my flight at the appropriate time, we set up the timer and took a photo:



Adorable. I know.

While I was on the row, Amanda was on the chest press (dominating it...) next to me. She was commenting how she must have packed on a couple pounds with all the carbs on this trip because she could see her little tummy. I commented that I had as well. And then started laughing in a sense that Amanda thought I was crying while I exclaimed: "Why is the weight loss struggle so hard??!!? CONGRATULATIONS, FITNESS!!! YOU WIN." We laughed for a good bit, then kept lifting...

Next workout: maybe cardio tomorrow...maybe not. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment